*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1177500-Reconciliation
by susu
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Friendship · #1177500
A lady killed her colleague's daughter in hit-and-run incident.
Linda who was in her thirties, one day drove a car, and someone called her at her hand phone. She knocked her colleague’s daughter Lucy down. And she was jailed for 4 years. She would be released one day before Christmas. She hoped her colleague Florence could forgive her. She wrote many letters but there was no reply from Florence.

When Linda was released, she went back to old company to look for Florence. Her old colleagues all pointed fingers at her and blamed her for what she had done. One colleague Alice who was also her close friend told her that Florence had resigned. But she gave her Florence’s new address and phone number.

Meanwhile Linda’s family members all supported her except for her daughter Joy. Joy was same age as Lucy. They were best friends.

Linda took the new address and look for Florence. She knocked her door. Florence opened the door. But at the point that she saw her, she shut the door at her. Linda cried out and apologized for what she had done. She asked for Florence’s forgiveness. When Joy finished school, she saw what had happened from far. Her heart melted. After Linda left, Joy knocked on the door. She told Florence how she hated her own mother. Yet she knew that her mother had repented, so pleaded for her mom’s behalf to forgive her. Florence cried and nodded her head.

Linda felt lonely and guilty. She thought that staying in prison was better than being
released.

The next day was Christmas. Linda was strolling at the beach at night. She went back home. As she switched on the light, out of sudden she heard her daughter’s voice together with Florence screaming, “Surprise!”
© Copyright 2006 susu (shulian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1177500-Reconciliation