*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1177828-A-day-in-the-Life-of-a-Teenager
Rated: E · Short Story · Friendship · #1177828
It's a story about a teenage girl, named Marcie.
Marcie laid on her bed and day dreamed about the big event going to happen. She couldn’t wait but she did have a little dose of cold feet. After all this was going to be the biggest thing to ever happen to her. She was getting a gold fish! She wanted a dog but no her parents wouldn’t allow it, so she was going with plan B the gold fish. Her plan A was sneaking a dog into her bedroom, but knowing the dog would eventually bark and she would be grounded for life, she went with plan B.
Marcie was a semi-normal girl, she had long black hair and light green eyes. She wasn’t at all popular, but she liked it that way. School was a breeze, she was a straight A student, some thought she was a teacher’s pet, but that was totally not the case. She didn’t study and barely paid attention in class. If being a slacker classified someone as a teacher’s pet then she was a total suck up.
She and her tiny group of friends sit in the way back of the cafeteria, doing homework due in the next class or gossiping about the snobby cheerleaders and their latest misfortunes. This is also a time for them to talk about their weekend plans and their crushes on the hunky football players.
Marcie has a huge crush on the quarter back of course. She loved the way his some-what long blonde hair hung down in his face. He was tall , much taller then her. Every girl at school wanted her leading Romeo and she knew she didn’t have a chance. But every night in her pink pajamas, in her pink bedroom, she prayed . She prayed for a chance with her football player.
She lived in a small town with her parents and older brother , Ethan. Ethan was a senior and also the captain of the basketball team. He knew of Marcie’s crush ,Chris, but didn’t approve. He didn’t feel comfortable with his sixteen year old sister dating someone older and more experienced.
Marcie like any other teenager has a job, she hates. She has such a extraordinary job though, she’s the highest she can go. She’s a professional sub maker at Subway. She really doesn’t mind the job when preppy little twigs didn’t come in and argue over how fattening mayonnaise was, then after arguing it out and hugging decide on a bag of chips instead. She and her friends are not ones to count calories and carbs, they simply fight over where to go Burger King or McDonalds.
One night Marcie had a dream. It was an awful dream ,too. She was at school, walking down the hall way and everyone was staring at her. They were pointing and laughing , she just kept walking thinking , “ They’re just laughing at the dumb freshmen behind me.” It became more then she could take, she ran to the nearest rest room. Looking in the mirror she stood in terror. She was completely naked, nude, absolutely no clothes. She screamed, not because she was naked, but because she was in the guys bathroom. She couldn’t move, so she couldn’t run away or shield herself. Some one
was about to open the door….
Marcie woke up in a pool of sweat. She was panting for air, like she had just ran a million mile marathon. She ran down the stair straight to the fridge and started to drink right out of the mild carton. “ It was just a stupid dream” , she kept saying to try and calm he climbing heart rate.
That day Marcie was practicing for her driver’s test. Driving was so easy but parallel parking was giving her a hard time. She could have swore those cones just kept jumping out in front of her. Her test was in a couple days and she was so nervous. She knew she wasn’t going to do very good.
When she went for her test she actually thought she did ok. The guy testing her however didn’t think so. He said that cone could have been another car or worse a person. After a couple minutes of trying to persuade the man , she gave up.
Her mom seemed so excited , so she lied and said she passed. She made up some lame excuse for not having the license on her and went to her room to secretly call the driver’s center. “Thursday at ..”, her mom opened the door. “yes that’s right Pepperoni.” She sat on her bed and hung up the phone.
“Did you just order a pizza Marcie?”
“Yeah, I’m starving.” She wasn’t sure her mom would buy her story, but she did. Now Marcie had to call the driver’s center and order a pizza.

© Copyright 2006 Brittany Nicole (blueydgurl08 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1177828-A-day-in-the-Life-of-a-Teenager