*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1178011-Cry
Rated: E · Short Story · Friendship · #1178011
Friend of my beta-reader passed away, was written to comfort her from 3000mi away.
In memory of JQ and honor of my friendship with Jaevyan.

Cry


They sat on the sofa in the parlor.

Friends with a mutual passion, they spoke regularly but met rarely. Physical strangers yet spiritual family, the news had struck them each in different ways.

She had known the deceased most of her life. At one time, they'd been so close that their souls had entertwined, expressing themselves together in stories and poetry.

He knew the deceased through her. A vision shared of that wonderful time when they had thought and acted as one. He regretted that he never had the opportunity to know the other girl, but he was also angered at the manner of her passing.

The girl looked up at the man sitting beside her. He could see the deep sorrow in her eyes, but the tears were refusing to come. The tears that she needed to shed to honor her lost friend. Uncomfortable and unsure in the situation, he reached out his arm around her shoulders.

Drawing her close he cradled her head against the soft fleece shirt covering his chest. He heard a sniffle. Bending down, he rested his face in her fresh smelling hair, whispering words and sounds of comfort.

Sobs began to shake the girl's shoulders as the memories of what she had shared with the deceased passed by. Occasionally, she would look up at him, and she would be smiling. In spite of the sorrow and tears, some glimmer of the happiness the girls had shared would always be a part of her.
© Copyright 2006 H Max Marius (cherokee43v6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1178011-Cry