*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1178392-Empty-Footprints
Rated: E · Poetry · Experience · #1178392
This was descrptive paragraph written for class. I had alot of fun with it.
It is deserted and numbing on this sandy beach. The sun is lingering into the
ocean, calmly putting the fires of the day to rest. The pier that stands alone behind me is as long as the hellish sufferings of my being. Disturbing waves roll up on this lonely shore like blackened clouds rolling in a remorseful storm. Life is as gritty and broken as the sand beneath my feet, as empty as the footprints in the sand, and as scattered as the twigs that are strewed about. If only for one moment in time I could be acknowledged, this beach wouldn’t be so miserably unfilled. Soft breeze whisper’s bitter cold thoughts into my ear. Devouring thoughts of a reprehensible soul fill the air. My only solace is my greatest companion, for he cannot pass judgment on me. If I sit motionless and gaze around me, not with my eyes, but with my heart. Maybe I can find a extraordinary, wonderful world, hidden deep inside, that can take away all the horrible scars of my torn and shattered life.


© Copyright 2006 crystalized28 (crystalized27 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1178392-Empty-Footprints