*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1179268-Simple-as-a-Friend
Rated: E · Other · Friendship · #1179268
Dialogue displaying interview of how a friend affected her life.
I just finished a book signing for my best selling book, “ Forgotten In Shadows,” when a journalist approached me asking for an interview for the biography she wanted to write about me. I happily agreed and told her to follow me into my office. We both sat down and she began the interview. She asked many questions that were easy to answer and asked of me so many times that I instantly knew how to respond, but then it got to the last question that immediately caught my attention…

Journalist: Who is your biggest role model?

Me: (short pause) Well, I never really thought about it but when I think of a role model the first person that comes to mind is my good friend, Katrina.

Journalist: What makes her someone to look up to?

Me: I guess I look up to her because she’s always been someone that I wanted to surpass and because of that I push myself harder. This was mostly in high school but I still look up to her now.

Journalist: In what ways did you want to surpass her; was it in looks or style like most high school students?

Me: (smirk, slightly laughing) As a teenager naturally looks and style were somewhat important to me but compared to my schoolwork, style was just another trivial matter. For the most part I wanted to surpass her academically and in my performance in things like sports.

Journalist: Were there any qualities that you admired most about her?

Me: (smiles) Where should I start? (short pause) In my mind she was a perfect all around person. She was kind, funny, smart, and content with herself while I was always shy and self-conscience. Over the years she has made me more confident and assertive though. She was also good at everything she did or at least she was in my opinion. She did karate, she could draw, she played sports well, got straight A’s, and college sent her information almost everyday. Come on, with a friend like that your B+ looks like a D in comparison.

Journalist: (chuckles) Well out of curiosity has Katrina changed over the years.

Me: (shakes head) Nope, she’s still the crazy girl I knew in high school but now she’s a famous artists that most know as “KAT”. (short pause) You know, I remember someone once told me that you don’t find your true friends until later in life, when your more mature and know what your looking for. Well when it comes to Katrina I couldn’t have choose anyone better.

Journalist: (smiles and nods)

-End
© Copyright 2006 NewPrespectives*.* (inunmeforever at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1179268-Simple-as-a-Friend