*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1179575-Religion
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Religious · #1179575
Illustrates how religion can destroy a soceity.
Religion. All Religion is man made. All Religion is nothing more than a pack of lies with a shred of truth. So I guess that you could assume that all Religions are nothing more than Myths. While society may now have millions of new inventions we are truly no more advanced than the Greeks. How so? Well the answer is simple really. We still believe in Myths and lies. This item is no better illustrated than in the case of the one true God. He was a man of great stature in the community and a man who was not easily satisfied due to his romantic infatuation with a man who did not share the same views as he did when it came to having a homosexual relationship. While this other man had strong urges to be with men, he could not for the life of him leave his wife and 2 children. And why could he not leave his family? Was it because he was deeply satisfied with his current life? That could not be it because anyone who knew him well could tell that he was dying slowly inside. So what was it? He loved men. He loved them in the same way that a heterosexual would love a woman. But due to his belief in the Catholic religion he could do nothing but live his unhappy life. He could not even commit suicide because of the fear that had been ingrained into him by the Priests of his all boy Catholic school. The reason that you must know about this man is that he is the cause that drove our God to become a God. Our God was not an immortal but rather an Icon that evolved into worship. Somehow he was able to convince the people of the U.S. that he was the man to lead everybody into the next Millennium. But sadly he was never able to forget the love of his life. The man whose religion was keeping him unhappy. So he created his own religion and 90% of the country followed his religion. But the Catholics refused to give in. The Pope called his religion unethical and morally wrong simply because of the open attitude towards Homosexuals. This infatuated our God and he created a weapon to cause massive earthquakes and tornadoes in the Vatican. His weapon destroyed the Vatican which allowed our God the ability to finally do as he wished. While Our god was man made and is dead now, I wrote this so that perhaps people of the world will quit fighting and destroying themselves over religion. Our God was finally killed by his lover. He could not stand the fact that the Vatican was destroyed. Ladies and Gentleman, religion is not the answer. It is myths with a grain of truth. Please do not allow yourselves to be destroyed again. It is not the way. Learn from our mistakes so that perhaps our children can live in peace.
Respectfully yours,
Concerned Scholar of the World.
© Copyright 2006 cheerguy (punkskater101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1179575-Religion