*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1179875-Wedding-Vows
Rated: E · Article · Emotional · #1179875
What do Wedding Vows mean?
(Wedding Vows) Chris, will you take Emma to be your wife? Will you love her, comfort her, honour and protect her, and, forsaking all others, be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?"

(His Own Vows) – Chris will you take Emma to be your slave? Will you abuse her, terrify her, punch and kick her and forsaking all others, be unfaithful to her as you both shall live?

(Wedding Vows) Will you, the families and friends of Emma and Chris, support and uphold them in their marriage now and in the years to come?

(His Own Vows) Will you, the families and friends of Emma and Chris, turn a blind eye and bury your heads in the sand in their marriage now and in the years to come?


(My Own Vows)
I Emma, take you, Chris,
to be my husband
to have and to hold
from this day forward;
for better, for worse,
for richer, for poorer,
in sickness and in health,
to love and to cherish,
till death us do part,
according to God's holy law;
In the presence of God I make this vow"

Why do we not see that the vows we make when we marry are vows that are meant never to be broken , why is it not against the law to break these vows?
© Copyright 2006 Emma Collinson (emmacollinson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1179875-Wedding-Vows