*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1180031-Wars-of-Higtupia-The-Death-Tide-11
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1180031
1 chapter in my new story. check back on friadys for the next section.
Chapter 1-

It was a dark, cool night. I heard the leaves below my sagging feat crunch from my weight. The stars, barely visible through the tree top, lit what little I could see forward. A dim light set forth in front of be flickered dangerously. As if it were going to leave him here stranded in the wild without hope for hours until the sun arose.
I, Draft Dodger Traver, was in an area were apparently many before me had traveled. I yearned to be back in my warm bed. Noing that the next day was going to be extradinary. I was stuck on a deserted island. Newely formed. I had an apporximate 10 minuts before the Doom Tide came in.
The Doom Tide, which I heard wasn't around in the 2000s and such, is a deadly tide that slowly strikes areas until people have been totally wiped out there. But this island was safe from death. I had to get off so the tide wouldn't block my only escape. The Doom Tide at first is unnoticable. It slowyly creeps up on you. Then before you know it...it's on you drowning you rapedly. the whole process takes about 2-3 months. I've also heard that it was a weopon invented years ago by a man named Herbert Inflo.
Herbert Inflo, he was the cause of this everlasting war. He started it by attempting to rule the world, and threated that if no-one obeyed he would release a mad weopon to destroy the world. Word has it he created a way to not die of old age. If what I hear is true, he's using somebody to connect to the rest of the war and fight. He hopes to win, and if he does I'm guessing he will come out and rule.
Ahhh... The light was getting nearer. To fast. It was moving....towards him. He felt the first bead of sweat role down his face. Then anouther. It kept going. I could here the movement of whatever it used to move now. I was paralyzed with fear. I couldn't run. I kept telling myself to run, but for some reoson i couldn't. Then it jumped. Onto me. I heard a loud bang, a gun shot. And every thing went dark.
© Copyright 2006 Mark Perkins (pantherchamp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1180031-Wars-of-Higtupia-The-Death-Tide-11