*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1180120-Arisen-part-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Horror/Scary · #1180120
Scenario Seven : Assignment Two
I began to walk down the sidewalk with my eyes held close to the ground. I could barely tell where I was going, but I shortly made it under a few trees near a school. I held close to the trunk, so as not to become the victim of a tragic tree-branch accident.
As though by some miracle, the rain stopped. The wind became almost a gentle breeze. The storm seemed to be subsiding. I smiled to myself, and pushed my long wet hair off my forehead. A crackling sound behind me put me immediately back on my guard. I turned quickly looking back in both directions, but there was no one there. When I turned back to the safety of my tree trunk there was a tall boy in front of me. I was startled, but held my composure so as not to give anything away.
We were only silent and face-to-face for a few seconds, but it felt like hours. The awkwardness of the silence was overwhelming, so I forced myself to speak.
“Can I help you?” I stated plainly.
“I hope so,” he answered quickly without missing a beat. I was confused and didn’t know what to think. He sounded confident and sure, but also uptight and fearful at the same time. His long brown hair and baggy clothes were almost completely dry; my storm-ridden attire was dripping audibly to the dirt beneath me. Where could he have come from?
“What’s your name?” I asked him stupidly, as though I had any need for his name. He would in turn ask for mine, and if he was what I though he might be, that would put me in a lot of trouble. I almost smacked myself in the forehead right after I asked it. He had really gotten me shook up by appearing out of nowhere.
“My name is Granger,” he said looking nervously from side to side.
“I’m Macy,” I told him. Why did I say that? Have I lost my mind? I thought to myself. I wanted to just run away. I knew that nothing good could come from this.
“I know. I know who you are. I need you to come with me. Over there,” he answered, pointing down the road to a nearby Italian restaurant.
“To Corini’s? You want Italian food?” I asked in amazement. His greedy eyes clung to mine, and his need seemed urgent. “Is something wrong?”
“We can’t talk here…. please….” he shifted his gaze around us again.
I knew I shouldn’t go with him. It went against everything I was ever taught, and against my instincts.
But then I was curious. In the end, it won out.
“Okay,” I said, motioning for him to lead the way.
© Copyright 2006 Abby lynn Huskey (phoenixvitalis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1180120-Arisen-part-2