*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1180163-Arisen-part-4
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Horror/Scary · #1180163
Scenario Seven : Assignment Four

The next few days passed quietly, without any rain or wind. It was still cold, but it was bearable to go outside. I had no work to do, so it was relaxing – except for the eerie feeling I had whenever I left my house.
Without fail, I found myself constantly looking, whenever I would go anywhere, for someone or something. At first I thought that maybe I was expecting to see Granger, that he would approach me and beg for my help again. But I never saw him. He never appeared suddenly or from a distance. Still I kept looking. Turning around quickly to see if I was alone began to make me feel how Granger himself must have felt that night.
I thought about it and decided it was silly. Somehow though, I couldn’t help it. I couldn’t shake the feeling that I was being followed or watched.
The third day I stayed home, hoping to get over the paranoid feeling. I was fine most of the day, until it began to get dark. I found myself turning on all the lights in my house as I strayed from room to room. It made me feel so ridiculous – I knew of all the things in this world that most people would be afraid of, and I had made it my business for some time. I also knew how to deal with such things, and they should not have scared me.
I gave up on that particular day, and went to bed feeling at ease. I had convinced myself that I was safe from anything that might possibly have been watching me.
With my comforter pulled high up to my chin, I fell asleep thinking of that night in the restaurant with Granger, and how gross shrimp fettuccine is.

Deep in the darkness of my bedroom I could feel it. I was startled awake by something, and it took me several seconds to remember the loud noise that had just awakened me. Something had pounded on my front door, but only once. I was frightened as the recent sleepy memory came back to me in my waking mind. And now it was in the room with me; a presence I could not describe - not like any vampire I had encountered. It was taking up all the air in the room, and all the space. I couldn’t see anything. I could hear it though. The presence easily took form beside my bed, and I could hear it breathing gently. I swore I could even hear it smile a terrible smile.
I held my breath, afraid to move at all. I was afraid to run or to stay. My mind was completely blank as I waited for something to happen.
Before I even knew what was really going on, it was on top of me. I thrashed desperately, screaming and shrieking at the top of my lungs. The blankets tangled around me, and I was hardly able to move. The thing tore at the blankets about my neck as I tried to protect myself. There was little I could do, and the struggle was soon over. I was wet from my head to my chest in warm fresh blood, and the thing had left me to die.

I sat up violently in my bed and grabbed at my throat.
“Holy Hell!” I exclaimed.
It felt wet at first, and I was terrified. I felt wet everywhere, and soon realized that I was only drenched in sweat. I looked around quickly, but to no avail. It was too dark to see anything. I sat still and quiet, trying to see if I could feel that presence again.
When I was sure that I was alone I jumped out of bed and turned on the light. I glanced around my room, then dove to the floor to look under my bed. There was obviously nothing there.
Once again I turned on every light in my house.
© Copyright 2006 Abby lynn Huskey (phoenixvitalis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1180163-Arisen-part-4