*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1180449-The-Rose-Files-Chapter-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1180449
This is the part where the media comes through...
The incident had been almost totally forgotten by now. Rose's house seemed pretty normal. Teens stopped attending civic club meetings and Rose hardly popped up in conversations. However, it was until now that the media decided to bring it up. I woke up one morning, Rose not even in the corner of my thoughts as mom summoned me to the kitchen table as she read the paper that had a picture of Rose's house on the front cover.
"That's so old, and they bring it up just now?" I asked. My question probably sounded more like a comment and it was.
"Yeah, I guess breaking news is pretty late sometimes," my mother answered as she read the paper.
"...Six patrol cars surrounded 1109 Aquifer Ln. around 2 months ago. The police report revealed that the Reelton's youngest daughter, Rose Reelton had an attempt of suicide and wouldn't calm down. The girl was directly sent to a Mental Institution and is being monitored very closely. Dr. Roberts, Mental Institution Medical Doctor states Reelton is showing signs of recovery," my mom said as she read the paper to me aloud. I was so confused. Why would Rose try to kill herself? She had a perfect life since day one. Surely enough, I knew no one that knew her enough to know her life behind closed doors. I snatched the paper from my mother and skimmed through it myself. A picture of Rose's perfect house was displayed, and next to it another of Rose's house surrounded by police vehicles. The two pictures looked totally different. One was the average american home on a bright sunny day and the other looked like it was the neighboorhood crack house on a Friday night.
I glanced at my watch and headed out the door. To my surprise, the air seemed quite chilly and I decided that I probably should start taking the bus with the colder weather. This meant I had to wake up earlier than usual so I could arrive at the stop at 7:40 AM. I took another quick look at my watch and assumed I could catch the bus if I ate breakfast.
© Copyright 2006 Jocelyn (prettyeyes1123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1180449-The-Rose-Files-Chapter-3