*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1180945-Homeschool
Rated: E · Other · Children's · #1180945
Homeschooling is it the right thing for you.
I started homeschooling my children last week.
The Muncie Community School district is lacking in alot of ways.
The first thing that started bothering me a few years ago when my second grader who is now in fourth grade started being bullied because she is smart and reads at a 9th grade reading level. It gradually progressed to her being hit. The school never called me when this stuff happened. I always found out about it later.
I got into it with principal at the school over this and told him that he is to call me if any of my children hit another kid or another kid hits them. No phone calls ever even after that.
The second things that bothers me is they do not teach in the styles that the children learn in. My son 1st grade is a tatical learner and his teacher wanted me to put him on ADD meds, even though my son is not ADD. Not to mention they let a fourth grader push and slap him around.
My other daughter is in 2nd grade this year and she started being bullied too. It hadn't yet gotten to hitting but verbal bulling is just as bad.

What do my family think? My husband, sisters, brothers, godmother, mom and dad think it is great. My youngest daughter's grandmother hates me for it. She has even threaten me with CPS because she is mad and thinks I can not do it correctly because my college education isn't teaching, its business.
My response to that she's is ignorant. I do not know everything, but the one thing I do know is that unless you try, you never know. I also love to learn, so I figure when we get to that point of something that I am unsure of I will learn about it myself in order to education them.

I own my own Avon business and have a training office, so I home school them from there. They do math, spelling, vocabulary, science, social studies, music, art. Heck I found a martial arts class for homeschooler that we are taking together as a family.
I know I am doing the right thing. How do I convince other's. Do I just need to wait and show them?

Anyone else Homeschool on here? What would you do? How would you/do you handle the negative comments from ignorant people?
Thanks in advance.
Michelle
Muncie, Indiana
© Copyright 2006 tecnosgirl (tecnosgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1180945-Homeschool