*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1181575-Against-All-Odds-Chapter-1-Vision
Rated: E · Chapter · Friendship · #1181575
A story about a boy and his blind brother, doing all they can to help there sick friend.
1. Vision
As is custom whare I live, when my brother turned five my parents brought him straight to the seer. It was sort of the law. Every child at there fifth birthday, right before they started school, had to go and ask to see their destiny. My parents were especially interested in his, for he was not like the others. He was blind, and there was nothing the doctors could do to enable him to see.
We walked up the path to the small primitive house and knocked. We heard the sound of footsteps, and a very old, but nice looking woman appeared in the doorway. I remembered her from when I received my own destiny.
“Ah, Alex.” She said. “It is finally the time we’ve all been waiting for. Come in.”
She motioned for us to enter. Alex walked nervously. My mom, holding his hand, and my dad and I following. I was excited; because when I got my destiny two years prior all that was told was that I was going to help my younger disabled brother in some kind of journey.
“Most unusual vision I had.” The old woman, her name was nelda, said, sitting in a comfortable armchair at the head of a large wooden table. Alex took the traditional place on her left, me to her right, our parents on either side of us. She looked him over, and then looked me over too. All that was heard was the crackling of the fireplace, the only light in the room. The silence was defining. You could feel the anticipation growing within each one of us. Even I, who didn’t get it to much at my young age, knew that it was something big and sort of included me.
The woman closed her eyes, and finally spoke. “Quite soon you will meet someone who will become your greatest friend, but by the time you reach, or start to reach your teen years, he will fall very sick. He will be kidnapped, and you two must find him and find the herbs to cure him before it becomes too late. That’s all I know, I can’t tell you much more than that. Just be warned! This can happen at any time. Also, you will face many dangers. That’s why you Jacob, must accompany him.”
“Thank you.” My dad said to her, getting up.
“You’re very welcome!” She said, smiling. “Good luck to both of you, though I’ll probably see you around. Oh, and remember, if you have questions, go right ahead and come to me. This is an unusual case. Most people just get something simple, like that they’d get a good job and great wife. This is much different. Who knows, maybe I’ll know more too as time goes on. I will find you if so.”
“Thank you again.” My mom said, and we left the house.
Alex and I didn’t think much of the profacy after that day. None of the family really believed it. It was sort of a big joke, because we thought the idea of the two of us going on an adventure like that was obserd. We knew that Nelda was always right, but everyone has mistakes, and that might be one of them. No one’s perfect, afterall!!
---Keep in mind: This is a work in progress and will become clearer in the next chapter. Stay tuned.
© Copyright 2006 A Bernard (abernard at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1181575-Against-All-Odds-Chapter-1-Vision