*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1182157-SOLILOQUY--medicine-on-dontation-basis
Rated: · Other · Other · #1182157
Compiled by: Ram Chandra Poudel ; See views of people from IOM
SOLILOQUY: Is it reasonable to study medicine on donation basis?

( Thoughts of Dr. Bidur Dhakal, Dr. Sailesh B. Thapa, Santosh Kr. Dhungana, Ashish Lohani and Apil D. Neupane)


- I think it’s not worth spending a large amount of money just for gaining a
Bachelor’s degree with more than four years of stress and burden.
One should think whether he/she will be able to earn the amount to replenish the expense and think about the additional burden to the life.
So it is wise not to study medicine on donation basis. Besides, there are other equally prestigious degrees one can acquire with far less money and stress. Brilliant students can do better in whatever they study.
- Dr. Bidur Dhakal
President, FSU



- I don’t think it is reasonable to study medicine on donation basis because paying money does not guarantee a quality education. More over , our country needs doctors who are willing to work in the periphery and these doctors are less likely to work in rural areas and serve the real needy people.
- Dr. Sailesh Bikram Thapa
President, NMSS



- Main determining factor should be the interest of the person desiring to study. Not just the superficial and social and peer pressure, but genuine interest. A strong will and endurance is the next vital thing. All these above qualities then are to be weighed in the affordability scale. Can the person manage the huge sum with manageable strain on his resources? All this decision shouldn’t be influenced by the future prospect of earning back!!!
Medicine as a profession ain’t all business(babe!). This dare quality of medical education comes in. More than knowledge-sincerity counts-honesty is the best policy-all life long.
-Santosh Kumar Dhungana
MBBS XXII batch



- Studying medicine on full pay basis depends not on the quality of education provided by the institution or the student’s ability to pay or nation’s requirements. It basically depends on the payee’s ability or quality. Yes, Nepal needs more doctors to attain a good standard of health but if the quality of student himself/herself is compromised, a quality institute can’t impart on them a good medical education. Neither the country will get good services. So, a full pay basis can be good if there is a good screening for those who apply for it so that the nation can get good medical personnel from quality institutes even from those who couldn’t study medicine but could afford to do so.
-Ashish Lohani
MBBS XXIV batch



- I reason not to study medicine on donation, based on the following variables as:
Money: It is highly productive if one spends that money in some other areas of social and familial development. It is likely to take 12-15 years just to earn the money after passing MBBS, if you stay in Nepal.
Quality product: Every field is equally valued and important for the social advancement. Thus, you won’t be of a lesser standard if you are a non-medico.
Country’s need: if I am to advice “ you” regarding joining medicine in donations, I decline just because I can’t be sure of your professional life in Nepal.

- Apil Dev Neupane
MBBS XXV batch
© Copyright 2006 the med club (themedclub at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1182157-SOLILOQUY--medicine-on-dontation-basis