*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1183213-Come-With-Me
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Tragedy · #1183213
Come with me my dear angel...
Prologue


“Where are you taking me?” Elaine shouted as she struggled to break free from her own soldiers. “I am your empress I command you to let me go! Let me go!!! David!!!” But her soldiers stood there ground. She can’t lose him again, not now, not ever!

“Elaine!!!” The boy shouted back. He tried to reach her but every time he tried to get near a strong force was pushing him back even further. He was already wincing from the pain. Each time he charged in, each time their outreached hand were about to touch, a big jolt of electricity was blowing him away. He can barely feel his body as his right hand bled as it ached. He didn’t know what was going on. What was the cause? What was the reason? He didn’t care, he only knows that they were taking her away from him and that was all that mattered.

“Elaine!”

“David, please stop! Runaway David!! Please David, leave!” But David couldn’t hear her plea nor would he listen if he did. The whole infrastructure was about to crumble, the metal walls were beginning to melt; the whole ceiling was falling apart. She wanted him to stop; he wanted him to run to the portal.

His soldiers have already begun to weaken. The empress’s power were just too great, they tried to persuade her, pleading with her, begging her to stop. “Please listen to us my queen, this is the only way! The whole city is about to be destroyed! Please we beg you stop this foolishness!” But she didn’t listen to any of them.

She felt betrayed as her own kind, her own people…Why? Why are they doing this? “Please I beg of you let me go!!” She must reach him, she must break free!

David slowly stood up, for what might be the last time. He tried to shout out her name, if she could hear him, if he could only reach out to her but all that spouted was his own blood. He was so close but why can’t he reach out to her! He saw her free hand reaching out to him, struggling against her men; she was calling out to him. He can’t give in!

This was his last chance, no matter what happens he must reach her, he must! With the last ounce of his strength he ran towards her, running towards the barrier. Again he felt its power pushing him away, burning away at his hand, denying him of any hope of seeing her again.

Her heart began to ache, began to die, as she saw him standing up, David’s whole body was bleeding profusely yet she saw he was determined, ”No…please…” again he ran towards her, tears fell as she felt the jolt of the barrier come in contact with his beloved’s body “No David! Please stop!!!”

He mustn’t give in, he can’t. Everything dear to him was already taken. They were all gone before his eyes. Too weak to protect them, too small to defend them, too young to do anything for them! She’s all that’s left. He just can’t lose her!

“No….” The empress watched in horror as David began to break through the barrier. His blood was evaporating from his wounds, each step growing more painful but edging him closer, urging him to go further.

“E-Elaine…” The piercing pain was washing all over his body, his vision was failing him. His legs began to buckle; his hands were the only thing keeping him from falling to the ground. So close, just one more step, just one more! This was his only chance; already he can hear her shouting out to him.

“I c-can’t give…up. I-I…wont!”

The closer he got the more powerful the force but why… “Why won’t you go!!!” And her horror turned to dread as the whole floor cracked into a blazing inferno, the ceiling, the walls, everything finally gave way and collapsed, destroying the portal, eliminating all possible means of escape.

Time seemed to slow down. Time seemed to stop. “DAVID!!!!!!” Using up all her power, she finally broke free.

Hearing his name, he struggled to raise his hand but at last their hands finally met, he did it and David numbly saw her, his love, his hope, his angel. Drawing one last breath he smiled, “Elaine…I-I told you, I’d find you. I…sorry.” With a loud thump, the boy fell on her chest.

She held him protectively in her arms and with one final embrace, she murmured to him softly, “Why…why can’t you just let go...”

“Protect the empress!!!” The soldiers began to shout.

And everything was destroyed in a ring of fire.


TBC
© Copyright 2006 Hello^^ (novaren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1183213-Come-With-Me