*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1183239-The-Creature
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1183239
NO one leaves the barn that has been haunted for 13 years alive...
“He seeks for those who trespass the farm in which we are sitting right now. On midnight he lurks in the darkness and waits for his victim. Some are tortured to death, and some are just brutally killed. Either way, no one leaves this barn that has been haunted for thirteen years, alive…” The camp fire beamed at John’s face as he spoke the words very slowly and clearly. The four teenagers stood attentively listening to the story about the man that had died thirteen years ago in the barn.

“Why does he kill?” Kimberly nervously asked.

“Because he was tortured to death in this barn. Several men hung him to a tree and then stabbed him to death with a pitchfork. And if you are lucky enough… he won’t torture you to death, he will instantly kill you with his pitchfork.

“Man what the hell is your problem your going to scare my girlfriend to death! Look how white she is!” Kimberly’s boyfriend, Mike yelled as he picked Kimberly up and headed to the tent.

“My bad. Man, I’m just going to sleep talk to you tomorrow.”

“I’m coming with you baby.” Amber said, her teeth chattering excitedly from the cold. As the teenagers headed back to their tents, they did not know that evil was waiting to confront them. Moments later a scratching sound made Mike wake up.

“Hey kim..kim..kim! Wake up you hear that? The boogey monsters coming for you!” Mike said laughing.

“Hear what? Let me sleep please.” Kimberly said as she drifted off into a deep sleep.”

Mike stood up and peeked outside the tent trying to scare Kimberly. He slowly walked out. A long wail of horror awoke Kimberly.

“Mike! Mike where are you?! Mike?!” Kimberly yelled tears streaming down her face.

She stepped outside into the bright moonlight and felt the grass damp under her feet. As she looked down she saw bright red blood on the floor and there lay Mike with a three deep black holes…

“Ahh!” She screamed covering her face with her hands. Kimberly ran quickly to her friends tents and shouted,

“Oh my god! Wake up! Please, we have to get out of here!”

“Kim, calm down just tell us what’s wrong.” John said.

“Yeah, come on Kim what’s wrong. You’re making me nervous.” Amber said.

“Mike is freaking dead! Someone killed him! We have got to get out of here fast!”

“Are you serious?! Hurry let’s go!” Amber shouted her face as pale as a ghost.

“Leave everything, let’s just go! Come on!” Mike said as he took three flashlights out from his book bag and handed each of the girls one.

The three teenagers ran through the woods tripping over broken tree branches, and stumbling over rocks. All of a sudden Mike quickly fell into a ditch that he hadn’t seen.

“Mike! Get out hurry!”

“Amber I can’t move, I can’t feel my legs.”

“Come on try to get out! It’ll be too late!” Amber said as she held on to Mike and tried to drag him out of the ditch. That’s when a black figure emerged from a broken tunnel in the ditch. The figure had purple wings with bright red and black veins running all over it. It was drenched in blood, and smelled like dead animals.

“Amber help!”

“Please Mike, try to get out!” Amber yelled.

“Amber let’s go, come on he’ll kill all of us before you even save him.” Kimberly yelled as she saw the creature raise a pitchfork over his head.

“Amber I love y..” And with a loud thwack Mike was dead. The creature’s flaming red hungry eyes looked from Amber to Kimberly. His eyes stuck on the wildcat and the letters “TC” which were written on Amber’s shirt.

“Amber, run…”

“I can’t..” Amber said staring at the creature.

“Just shut the hell up and run!!!” Kimberly screamed as the two young girls ran deeper into the woods. The creature flew up into the air and then caught up to the two girls. With a quick sweep he picked Amber up by her silky dirty brown hair and carried her high up into the air. With a cruel laugh he let her drop.

“KIMMMMM” She screamed. Her head banged against a tree, and then a broken branch slid into her stomach. Blood dripped down her wildcat jersey as she hung limply on the tree branch.

“No amber! Don’t leave me!” Kimberly said as she tried to climb up the tree. But the creature was too fast for her. His leathery hands held on to her neck.

“Stop. Please don’t kill me...” Kimberly whispered. Her soft black booty shorts tore as the creature made her scrape against the tree. Fine red blood streamed down her legs and arms.

“Get off of me!” Kimberly yelled, kicking and punching it. The creature choked her even harder and then crushed her head against the tree. She gagged fine red blood, and then her eyes gently closed. The four teenagers were never found. “No one leaves this barn that has been haunted for thirteen years, alive…”
© Copyright 2006 hispanicshot (hispanicshot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1183239-The-Creature