*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1183296-In-Response-to-My-Dearly-Beloved-Critic
Rated: E · Fiction · Drama · #1183296
the actual title In Response to My Dearly Beloved Critics of the “Silent” Play
So I say farewell—that is my most famous line. In the whole production of this lovely mediocre play, my most famous line is when I say goodbye. The reason, I assume best, can be because it is the only line that I say, I repeat it. Yes indeed various times, through the hours of daunt and dark. I repeat the oh so famous line, that I have repeated many times before. So I say farewell? Sometimes it is a question. I stand still quivering for answers, two dark figures, only one with speak. Other times I scream it, in frustration to his uncertainty and mistreating glares of sound. So I say farewell! Many others it is just a silent plead a silent understanding of the puzzle the actors set. So I say farewell… I can see the audience disperse and cough with discomfort. Only a waste of time, that is all. I will agree with the middle age dwelling worker, he has some truth in his fidget. It is a waste of time to think that my line might change. That the people, situated in place, might turn and twist to a direction that could benefit. Of course not, only two actors; one is a coward the other is blind; one causes pain the other suffers inordinately. The director screamed during rehearsals always.
“Don’t you, any of you, dare feel compassion for them if you do get off my set!”
No welcomed help.
Only two actors, he says nothing to help the dialogue, but I do not either: I just say one line. My partner, whom I stand facing, he never will respond. I write this response to the critics who judge so openly that they all do say such things opened wide beyond some sense.
They are not complimentary of each other.
A number one classic instant disaster of the mockery of love.
A play of silence that is quite horrendous—the silent play.
I hear the words, all your words. I am aware that you stare from crowded clear seats, noting the mistakes and doubts that are among the acts. Please feel free to do your job, but I must make it quite clear to you all: I do not regret the leading role of a silent play. What is the only beauty that can allow the mind to split and form—silence. In his silence, and my one line, all the raw space is consumed. While the dislike for this small budget performance (I am paid only with crumbs of lies) is quite big among your kind, the dislike for ignorance in your eyes is quite big among me. My partner is not aware of your understanding, or should I say lack of, to make his own judgments. No, I say one line, I say farewell and that is all. He stays silent and that is all in this play, in this love. I must apologize if I seem ridiculous in expressing this, but at one point, I could not have your mistaken words keep spreading. All you know the story our story and that is quite fine—it was a play. So I say farewell.
© Copyright 2006 Gabster (gabs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1183296-In-Response-to-My-Dearly-Beloved-Critic