*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1183394-Abiding-Fire-Chapter-2
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1183394
To find a hidden world in the middle of a vicious war, make a desion and new friends.
Abiding Fire: Chapter 2
Leaving The Losers And Loving It

Yay, were leaving soon. Good Bye dreary town and egotistical people, summer, fun, beachyness, here I come! I need to "finish" packing or in my case start. Nera the ulta-organized super sister had finished packing a week ago, I was down to a couple of hours. I dug furiously through my closet and quickly stuffed things in my suitcase. When I was done shuving things in my suitcase and with the help of a few heavy objects, I closed it. Now for it's life threatening trip down the stairs.par
Soon my entire family was ready to go. We pilled in the car with our lugage safly storred in the trunk and drove off. Throught the long trip i alternitly read and listened to my music, by the end of the trip I had managed to read four books and listened to my favorite CD's at least a million times. I was so bored and almost asleep that I diddent even realize the car had rolled to a stop till my parents got out I streached and less than gently shook Nera who had fallen asleep a little over two hours ago. She seems to have an uncanny way to fall asleep on comand the I fail to posess.
When I got out I found myself infront of a charming cottage that looked like it had been around a while but was well taken care of. It was spring green with dark green borders and shuters. It looked just like the cover of a magazine, and you had to automaticly love it. The inside was just as great with its small friendly kitchen, and cozy living room. The upstairs looked a little more bland until you actually went into one of the rooms. It had three small bedrooms, a bathroom, and a room with a table and five chairs in it.
Both Nera and I loved our bedrooms. Mine were lightly colored with walls that had a base of soft orange and even lighter swirls of blue, pink, yellow, green, and purple in no particular patern and darker blue cloud like blotches here and there. It you looked hard enough you could figure out in was a sunset. The soft light orange carpets looked new but the paint on the walls looked like it had been painted awhile ago. The bed had a dark blue canopy. Besides the bed the only furnishings were a table with a matching chair and a bureu they and the bed also looked kinda old. The best part was the window and window seat, I could sit and look out over the lake it was really beautiful. Everything togeather made you feel like you were living in a sunset, it was great. Most things things looked old but well taken care of. This room was better than my room at home. I blew the dust of the light green bureu and began to unpack.
When I was done I went out on the beach and just sat woundering what the next two weeks would bring. Befor long Nera joined me but diden't say anything for a long time she just looked over the water and smiled.par
"Its really nice here isn't it." She said as a statment rather than a question.par
"Yea it is. do you like your room?"
"I absolutly love it! You?"
"I swear it is better than my room at home."
"Come on come show me it and I'll show you mine." She said as she ran inside. It was getting late and a little cold so I followed her inside.








© Copyright 2006 Loralilly (loralilly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1183394-Abiding-Fire-Chapter-2