*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1184058-The-Beginning
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1184058
this is the first chapter of a work in progress.
You know when you have entered The Town. Every window and door slams shut as you walk by and curtains twitch, moved by invisible hands while unseen faces breath on the panes leaving only condensation. You know that they watch you and you begin to sweat. Thick drops pearl on your brow and gather in the folds of your clothes, your breathing becomes short and quick and you feel dizzy. Can you sense that person behind you whispering in the alley way? Was that a footstep knocking on the ground? you begin to walk faster until you realise that you are alone and only your shadow has followed you. Somehow this thought is worse that the first.


It began a thousand years ago. Krarx won the long war that broke out in Saxondale in the early days and peace began unsteadily reaching out and touching all members of Certh. this was because krarx was a conquerer and leader of men. so his line continued after his death his sons had sons had sons and noone could quite remember a time when this line were not on the throne, all the old records were destroyed and the burial places built over. the people multiplied and the towns and cities grew and swallowed up many young people searching for fame and recognition. there was some turmoil , noone can ever have true peace- wars with the Yern and Scaraben which lasted a few years, some rebellions which lasted some days but i digress the important thing to remember is that in the beginning krarx cheated. when the battle came down to the finish Krarx was about to lose.he had wasted his armies in skirmishes which had failed, his battleships had been wrecked in freak storms and his remaining men were hungry and tired after chasing thier enemy with no rations. they stood on top of a hill facing their enemies and a shiver of fear ran through Krarx. this was a new feeling. so he made a pact with the Master Of The Dark to sell his line and the conscience of his people if he could win the battle and they did. after Krarx convienently forgot about his dark promise and it was never recorded i doubt there are any now who remember it.
© Copyright 2006 puddinggirl (puddinggirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1184058-The-Beginning