*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1184223-The-Adventure
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1184223
The prompt: you are suddenly transported somewhere without modern conveniences...
(written by a seven year old. Be gentle in your critiques!)

          One day I went to Target to shop. When I came out, I got zapped to the Arctic! I felt really scared!! I was freezing cold!!

          I saw an igloo. There were Eskimos in it. I asked if I could come in to warm up. They said I could. Soon I needed to go to the bathroom. I asked where it was. They pointed outside.

         "Where is the toilet paper?"

          They took a handful of snow!

          Now I didn't want to go to the bathroom. I didn't know what to say. I decided to pretend to go to the bathroom. Soon I really needed to go to the bathroom. Now I was going to wet my pants! But I wasn't going to go to the bathroom in the snow. What was I going to do?

          But before I could do anything, I wet my pants.

         "Oh, no!" I said. I could not go back. I did not even know how I got in. And I had wet pants! How was I going to change? And I would get even more cold than I already was.

          I looked around. Which way did I come in? Whichever way I came in, I could not go back. What was I going to do? Where were all the other family members? If they got zapped to a different place, I wish them luck. I did not get luck.

          Am I going to go back? If I did go back, I would write in a diary about my adventure. I would write about the Eskimos and how they had to go to the bathroom. I might even put a few pictures in it, too. But most of all, I would write about how lonely I was.

          If I couldn't go back, what was I going to do? Maybe I could ask the Eskimos how far America was. I was amazed at what they said. They said it was miles away! If it was that far away, how was I going to get back?

          I would be stuck here all my life. What would I do? And where would I live? I did not have my own igloo. Maybe I could live in a cave? No, I could not stand it. I wished I was at home, but I wouldn't go back for a long time. I probably wouldn't be going home at all.

          I would live in the Arctic all my life. If I didn't know how I got in, I could not go back. I would have to ask if I could live with somebody. And I would have to live in a tiny igloo. I am used to a big house- well, bigger.

         Well, I would get used to it. But it would always be winter and would be cold and wet, and I wouldn't have anyone to play with. I would have to work- and hard work, too! Things that I don't usually do, like go to the bathroom in the snow!!! I hated it that way.

          I hoped that my pants were getting dry. I didn't want to wait any longer. It was very cold, and I was going to freeze to death!!

          Soon I decided to go back inside. Anyway, it was warmer inside than out. Suddenly I walked into the igloo and I got zapped back to Target. I felt homesick and dizzy. When I finally opened my eyes, I thought I was dreaming but then I heard Mama calling. I ran over and told them all about the Eskimos. But best of all, my pants were dry!

The End.


© Copyright 2006 maybeelizzy (maybeelizzy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1184223-The-Adventure