*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1184232-Ciana
by Brook
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1184232
Jacob's adventures following the odd events at Waterkeep.
  Scarcely a dozen feet outside of Waterkeep, they were stopped by the appearance of a girl in the road. She seemed to melt out of the surrounding countryside.

"I have been waiting for you," said Elen. The way she spoke- calmly and deliberately- made Jacob shiver.

  "What are you doing here, Elen?" Vrand's tone made it clear she knew the name was false.

  "Exactly as I said." Still that knowing tone tinged her voice. "I have been interested in you since I saw you at the auction."

  “Who are you?” Jacob spoke now for the first time. “What do you mean by ‘interested’?”

She glanced around, the movement reminding him of something. “I would rather explain such thing elsewhere.”

Odd, noted Arith.She speaks openly enough, but once you motioned her identity…

I know, thought Jacob. What he said was, “Where shall we talk, miss?”

Ellen brightened up considerably. “I know just the place!” She sprinted ahead.
© Copyright 2006 Brook (penbrookjorin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1184232-Ciana