*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1184586-Bohemian-Queens
Rated: E · Prose · Other · #1184586
A scene in a restaurant. A woman sits preparing to eat her breakfast looks to chat.
"Thank you!" she says to the tired, overworked waitress. "Beautiful today, isn't it?" she continues in an attempt to start a conversation. The waitress tiredly strolls away, obviously in no mood for small talk. With the most careful gesture she pushes the overabundance of the bright yellow eggy mass away with her stained fork. She scratches her curled, slightly gray, deceptively concealed by mousy brown dye-on-sale hair, readjusts her glasses, studies her reflection in the orange juice.
She looks over to catch the studious look on their faces, but sees only a pair of blank unemotional, yet soft eyes staring back at her. Occassionally they look away and scribble a few nothings onto a small notepad protected and concealed by thier busy hands.Suddenly without notice they slide away from the stained, discolored counter and slip out the door.
She turns to watch as they leave, she studies thier every move, but not quite close enough to catch the slight smile form in the corner of thier mouthes.
She turns back to notice that the large eggy mass is now cold and sticky. She takes a bite, starts to say something to the waitress, but reconsiders and takes a drink of her sour orange juice.
© Copyright 2006 candicmt (candicmt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1184586-Bohemian-Queens