*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1184593-Random-Potions
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Comedy · #1184593
Trace is a potion genius at Oakridge academy. Watch as she gets into trouble
“Come on Trace, if you don’t hurry up we’ll be late. Stop daydreaming and start walking faster.”
“Oh calm down Ally, those old teachers aren’t going to be anywhere near the class room for a couple of minutes. Besides who would want to listen to an old fuddy duddy talk about something that doesn’t even matter? Some just like the sound of their own voice.” I scowled and walked slower just to make her mad. And it worked! She turned around and yanked on my arm. Sticking my tongue at her, I dug my heels into the carpet. My red haired friend groaned and rolled her eyes.
“Fine you win"
I laughed and started walking faster. “You took the words right out of my mouth. Come on we’ll be late.”
Ally cursed under her breath and we walked into the history classroom just as the late bell rang.
“Well well well, look who decided to grace us with her presence carrot head and the orphan. I thought you weren’t coming.”
As soon as I heard the voice I knew who it was. Natalia Kingstan, the schools reigning queen. According to her faithful followers she was everything Ally and I weren’t; rich, popular, beautiful, and blonde. The way she acted just rubbed me the wrong way. She walked over to me and ruffled my short black hair.
“Oh I’m sorry there was something in your hair and I was just getting rid of it for you. And by the way your tie is crooked.” She smirked and I glared back.
“Just bite me and get over it already. And by the way your braid is crooked as well. Let me fix it for you.”
I snapped my fingers and Natalia’s long blonde braid fell to the floor and her hair was now just barely longer than mine. All the girls gasped as the two foot long braid that was Natalia’s pride and joy landed with a soft thud on the tile floor.
“There its all better.”
I snapped my fingers again and the braid flew into the air and attached itself to where it originally was. The hair knitted together and you couldn’t even tell that it was on the floor only seconds before. I smirked at the shocked expression on Natalia’s face.
“What’s the matter, cant do simple magic? Oh yeah I forgot you are only here because your father paid the school a lot of money just so you could attend. You cant do magic, so sometimes I wonder why you are even here. I mean this is Oakridge Academy for Magically Talented Girls.”
Natalia growled and walked towards the door. “You will regret that you can be certain.”
“With pleasure your highness.” I gave a mock bow as she stormed out the door.
“You are so in for it” Ally said as she clapped me on the back.
“When have I ever not been in for it? That’s what I do for a living.” I smirked and walked to my seat.
I slouched down in the hard wood seat and waited for the teacher to get here. The minutes ticked by and all of the girls started to be impatient almost all of them were tapping their fingers on a desk or something like that. Ally kept looking at her watch every three seconds. After a couple of minutes she walked over to me with a stern look on her face.
“Trace, would you happen to know why the teacher is especially late today?”
Raising my arms into a stretch and putting them behind my head, I shrugged nonchalantly.
“Perhaps what does that have to do with anything?”
Ally rolled her eyes. “What did you do?”
“Oh nothing too obvious” I said with an innocent wide eyed expression. “I just put that new potion that I cooked up into Professor Bumble’s tea. Why did you want to know?”
“You idiot. You hadn’t tested that yet!!!! You don’t know what it does.”
“Au contraire ma petite. I tested it on Natalia yesterday.”
“You did?”
“Ever wonder why she didn’t show up to any of her classes? Hmm? That’s because she got a nasty cause of Montezuma’s Revenge and spent the whole day in the first floor bathroom, in stall number 3.”
“You didn’t!!!”
“Oh yes I did”
Ally smacked me on the head and rolled her eyes. As I rubbed my head I could tell that she was trying not to laugh.
“Aww come one admit it you think this prank is pretty funny. Huh?”

© Copyright 2006 daisuke-chan (daisuke-chan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1184593-Random-Potions