*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1184782-Vampires
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Experience · #1184782
Following the pack and loseing individuality.
Vampires

Looking at the clock, I gasp on the inside and a little rush of air is released from my mouth. Still fifteen minutes to go until I’m released from this shit hole of a hell, and I don’t have to look at all the blurry and undefined faces of my peers. The vampires. Sitting so perfectly and uncaring, the poise oozes from their motions and speech. How I despise them. No. How they despise me. I do not fit into their unspoiled existence, and am thought a piece of debris. Just another space, taking in and releasing air, no more, no less; just another thorn on a rose. Just as these thoughts dart through my mind I hear the sovereign of the pack speak, and I can feel hot blood pounding beneath my skin. I can feel my veins swelling with fullness. And for just a moment…I don’t want to leave my cage. I want to be held prisoner here till the end of existence. Shaking my head, scorching thoughts run through my brain. This is why I do not belong; this is why I loathe them. They are able to twist any words into gold, any lie into a prayer, and any wrong idea right. Anyone they talk to will never look down on them, but will trust them with their lives, only to get their souls sucked out. But oh, how intoxicating their lives seem to be. How their lies call for me. Occupied by my thoughts, I have failed to notice the cold stares shooting my way, and the looks of amusement on the white faces of them; the vampires. How they are filled with ecstasy when I choke, how is it that their smiles can twist so contortingly? I look away in mortified shame. And at that moment I decide to give in. Why is it that for so long I needed to stand apart? Stand alone? I will present myself on a silver dish to their razor-sharp fangs, like they deserve. I will let them sink their teeth into me without a protest, without a scream leaking from my lips. Because once I am one of them, I might have a chance; I might be able to approach their queen. The one held so high on a pedestal in my mind. With her fangs so sharp, and her skin so smooth,,, I was kept away. My own mind made her a hazard. Maybe I was just scared of her perfection, or maybe I knew all along I was just too different than her; that I would be turned down. So to show my newfound loyalty to the pack, I sharpen my teeth, and bleach the pigment in my skin, I wrap my cloak of deep, dark lies around my shoulders, and dive into their infectious world. Never to be different again, never to be me. But to forever become one of them…. … A vampire.

© Copyright 2006 LebaneseBlonde (mustbedreaming at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1184782-Vampires