*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1184882-African-Adventure
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Animal · #1184882
A teenage girl has a dream to go to Africa. Will she ever get her chance and go?
AFRICAN ADVENTURE


         "Mom can we go yet? We're not going to have enough time!"
         "Brittany we'll be fine, we can't leave until your brother and dad get back from delivering the papers."
         "But mom they are taking too long."
         "If you don't stop complaining we won't go at all. They should be back in a few minutes, and then we can leave."
         "Fine. But they had better hurry. Dad drives slow and I want to get around the zoo, and not have to rush."

* * * * *


         Brittany's brother and dad got home about a half hour later and then they were able to leave. It took them about an hour to get to the zoo, but they got there. The first thing they had to do was go through the gate into the zoo and get thier hands stamped because they had the membership.
         "Okay, where do we want to go first? The Primate, Cat and Aquatics building? The African area? The Austrailian area? The Rainforest? Or up by the Wolves?" Brittany's mom said.
         "Lets go the farthest away first an work our way back in. So lets go up by the wolves, then take a tram over to the Primate, Cat and Aquatics, then walk through down through the Austrailian Adventure, and then to the African where we can eat luch. Then we can look around the African area, then go to the Rainforest," said Brittany excitedly.
          Brittany really loved going to the zoo, even if it was the same one over and over again. She loved to see the animals, and he like to study some of them at a time. The animal she loved the most was the Persian Leopard. She could sit by that exibit for hours and just watch them, even if the were just sleeping. She hoped that some day she could see one in the wild, while doing field work in Africa.
          She really want to go to Africa some day, but money was so tight she wasn't sure how she was going to get there. All the trips there cost so much and she could barely afford to live on a day to day basis. But she hoped that some day she would get there and would be able to study the wildlife there, especially the leoaprd.

* * * * *


to be continued very soon...
© Copyright 2006 le0pardluver (ilovephill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1184882-African-Adventure