*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1185066-Greed-is-destroying-world
by Karl
Rated: E · Editorial · Opinion · #1185066
what we are doing to create a world for our children
Our ancestors suffered a lengthy, dangerous journey to escape suppression and later won independence. America grew in size as entrepreneurs moved west and, with the help of the U.S. government, suppressed and disenfranchised Native Americans through trickery and murder.

NAFTA allowed greed global corporations to move to Third World countries to acquire cheaper labor and to take advantage of less restrictive ecological/environmental laws.

Now, corporations seem to control our government leaders; people in positions of trust in every level of government and business arae breaking laws to secure their personal financial futures; natural resources are being reaped by greedy companies; and the planet seems to be rebelling against our abuse, with massive natural catastrophes occurring with some regularity.

So many children have been molested that they are now the adult molesters, simply doing what was done to them by abusive parents or religious members. Our president said outsourcing is good for America but, as Sen. Byron L. Dorgan, D-N.D., said, he will never lose his job to outsourcing, while hard-working Americans are.

What kind of world have we created? Why is anyone surprised at the anger of our young people or why they don't hold life as precious as older generations do?

(c) Feb '05, 2006 Karl Arthur King
© Copyright 2006 Karl (1wordman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1185066-Greed-is-destroying-world