*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1185410-Diving-Practice
by Krys
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Activity · #1185410
Short story on a girl that teaches a diving class to a bunch of children.
Carly sighed reverently as she opened the doors to allow the newest members of the dive team into the pool area. As the door cracked open she came face to face with a little girl, no older than six. The child grinned and Carly glanced over the young red haired girl, examining her build.
"You're my new diver?" Carly asked with a groan and squinted at the child who had begun to nod enthusiastically. "Get suited up then and get on the boards, we'll start the lesson immediatly." She smiled and watched as the girl's curls bounced with the light skip in her step.
* * * *
Rae came out of the locker room with a big grin plastered across her face and she laughed as she skipped over to the diving boards where Carly had been waiting patiently for the last fifteen minutes.
"Good for you to join me Rae, why don't you start off with the things that you learned yesterday?" Carly laughed and watched as Rae climbed up onto the board. Rae walked toward the end of the board and stumbled, tumbling into the water with a shriek.
When Rae resurfaced, she began muttering obscenities quietly, and Carly frowned, teaching children was an amusing job, if not quite to the benefit of herself, even if she was getting paid to teach the flips and turns that she longed to retry herself after the accident had made it impossible for her to ever count her steps as she gracefully jumped off the end of the board, the accident had crippled her, not only on the outside, but on the inside as well.
© Copyright 2006 Krys (krys_angle10 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1185410-Diving-Practice