*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1186605-The-Sword-of-Draiyanzal
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Fantasy · #1186605
This is a story of Tarion and his quest for the legendary Sword of Draiyanzal.
PROLOGUE

It has been told for a long time the legend of the Sword of Draiyanzal. Children come to listen to the tale of this wondrous weapon. It is commonly referred to as just "the Sword."
The children didn't usually believe these kinds of stories, but were interested just as much.
Some fantasize about what would happen if they were to wield the Sword, dreaming of their power. One child began to become so immersed in this story, he believed it existed. He knows how to find it, from days and days of urging the local storytellers to tell the story.

"Please, storyteller, tell us about the sword!" the child would urge.

"Yes! Tell us!" the other children would join in.

And the storyteller, enjoying this attention, would tell the story, and any detail forgotten would be mentioned by the children.

"...and then, when the Sword reached the hands of the King of Elvia, the land of elves, he used it in combat to defeat all enemies. But it d--"

"What about the King killing the Lord of Undria with the Sword?"

"Ah, yes..."

As that child, Tarion, learned more than he knew before, he began to keep track of what he learned, compiling a "plan of action." By the age of seven, he had created an entire document that would tell him what to do at each step of the way.


Chapter One

Tarion was scribbling away in the notebook he always kept with him--his planning notebook. This contained his "plans" for getting the Sword.

"What're you always writin' in there?" asked Pior, Tarion's next door neighbor. Tarion set on the rugged curb and lay his feet down on the orange dirt of the road and sighed, closing his notebook. "Nothing. Just...things..."

"Like I'll believe THAT. But I don't really care, so..."

"Fine. Whaddya want to do?"

These two boys were ten. They didn't go to school ever since the latest raid. The savages of the White Ash Land, filled with ninja warriors, often came to raid Dajif, the Main Land. The ninjas trained ninjutsu for as long as anyone can remember. Their way of fighting is so different from Dajif's, Elvia's, and Dwarvia's fighting style. The three main states fought in the "traditional" way--wear armor, arm yourself, and dash into the enemy army body, slashing and stabbing away.
© Copyright 2006 Dusty Celestier (dray.blade at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1186605-The-Sword-of-Draiyanzal