*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1187693-life-and-or-death
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Draft · Animal · #1187693
Some thoughts when my dog died
We are like a candle in the wind.
And the winds of nature are and will always be unpredictable.
Someone once told me that, no matter how great science advances and how many diseases are cured, we are still going to have some people and animals we love die unexpectedly and without warning and there isn’t much we can ever do about it.
I was away for a week and my golden retriever of 9 years with whom I had gone through joy and hell over the years, got sick and was dying when I got back. I tried to do what I could. The vet had seen her several times and was optimistic but I knew in spite of his optimism that she was going downhill.
I stayed up with her that night and kept vigil and at 2 o’clock in the morning she took her last breath.
Her flame had just gone out.
The thing that I know clearly in my heart is that we have to try to cherish as much of life as we can while we can. And when someone’s end comes to try to fight that as hard and as long as we can to turn things around. Never give up. That is what humanity is here for. That is what we are here for.
This is what culture of life is about.
© Copyright 2006 george andrea (giorgaros at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1187693-life-and-or-death