*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1187709-Alaska
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1187709
A vampire and her companion are in search through alaska
A cold wind blew across the valley as the moon rose over the snow-capped mountains and craggy hills of the Alaskan wild. It caused the light snow to fall at an angle and warned the inhabitants of the town Yenai to stay inside. At the other end of the valley a lone figure stood atop a rise in the snow. Illuminated by the moonlight her skin became opalescent and her dark eyes gleamed like stars. Ice crystals hung from her furred parka and covered her worn boots. She waited as another figure came over the rise and made his way to her. Her lips spread into a devious smile at the bitter expression of his face and angry demeanor in his movements, “Good Evening, Townskeeper.”
“As Rakshata of the town of Yenai, I am forced to escort you from this valley.” The threat in his voice was minimal, but still caused her smile to widen.
“What is it you’re afraid of Townskeeper? That one of your precious souls will disappear into the night? Or worse yet, will return as one of my kind as you so nicely put it? Do not fear, Townskeeper, there will be no threat to your little herd of humans. I am not so like my kind as you might think, and I rather dislike the taste that so enamors others.”
Stopping for a moment the man began to speak, but was cut off by the sound of a snowmobile coming towards them. “Townskeeper, I understand that you find it extremely irritating and disgraceful that I am not calling you by your rightful title of Rakshata of the town of Yenai, but I am having so much fun with it, please don’t spoil my fun. Besides my companion should be your worry, he so loves the feeling of human flesh through his teeth.” Sitting astride the snowmobile she laughed, a sound wicked and heartless, and sent one last sinful smile at the man as they disappeared into a flurry of snow, wind, and darkness.
© Copyright 2006 Jazzie Fae (jazzie_fae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1187709-Alaska