*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1188089-Writing-to-get-to-the-Truth
by venu
Rated: E · Essay · Philosophy · #1188089
Can we, as we type a train of thoughts, have the train rattle forward on its own surge?
All of us have a life to live! This writer may inadvertently be complicating matters. But patient reader that you are, dear reader, you would realise as you go on, that I am seeking to simplify our living by asking you to meditate with me on a single thought - THERE IS NOTHING TO DO. Well, it's that simple. We are free. Free to do or not to do, with doing not impinging on our freedom.

Dear reader, I believe that all our problems are in effect experienced by us by the restlessness of our mind. If we can get our mind to be restful, hey presto, all our problems shall vanish. So the question of all questions is, how do we make our mind restful? I would like to share a technique with you.

All you have to do, to make your mind restful, is to talk to yourself. Well, not just in bits and pieces, which we do anyway, filled up, mostly, with fantasies. No, we have to seek, without any effort, to simply keep talking to ourself without a break. The most amazing thing is that whenever we are at it, this talking to ourself (silently, of course), we right away touch the ultimate. It is not that you talk and talk for ages and then you get some results. The moment you start talking to yourself till the moment there is a break, even if it was only a minute, you have actually touched eternity. You will before long realise that there is nothing else to do except talk to yourself (can anything be easier and more effortless?) and you would seek to talk without there ever being a break!

I have called this process CONTINUUM. The key points to note are that we should speak using impeccable language. Our language should be calm and soothing. You will realise too, before long, that CONTINUUM helps you to become detached. You know that you can simply be a witness to all that is going on and be in a grandstand watching the spectacle of life. And greatest of all, your life starts becoming spontaneous.

I end here not because I do not have more to write but because I think my dear reader should soak in what I have written (if he finds it sensible, of course) and favour this humble writer with a feedback. Then, we can continue.
© Copyright 2006 venu (venu1005 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1188089-Writing-to-get-to-the-Truth