*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1188308-Destiny-Chapter-2
Rated: E · Other · Drama · #1188308
The continuing story of Alana.
Chapter 2

Alana’s hand shook as she slid it gracefully down the banister. She looked straight ahead of her. Her posture was perfect. Her gown flowing gently down each step after her. She still did not want this with every fiber of her being.

She lowered her eyes as she reached the last step. The second that it took to step from it, seemed an eternity. An eternity that destined her to a life with a loveless marriage, children she never dreamed of having, and a life of bondage. A cross she did not want to bear. Her own hell.

“Stand up straight young lady, or I swear you will not see the light of day until your wedding day.” Her mother hissed in her ear. The whole time nodding and smiling at the nearby guests.

Alana stared blankly at her mother, but automatically straightening. Almost as if a string were being pulled on the top of her head. She put a fake smile on. She floated about the room, cautiously searching each face for a familiar, more friendly, face to be replaced by all the porcelain smiles around her. Her glance did not go unnoticed. Her best friend had decided to come. Her heart leaped for joy. She shook hands with everyone, though not taking her eyes off her goal.

Dorothy rushed to her friend’s side. She also embraced her friend gladly.
Alana knew that all would be well with such a good friend to tackle these obstacles with.
© Copyright 2006 Anna Corsair (kidlettcorsair at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1188308-Destiny-Chapter-2