*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1189587-Whats-Your-Christmas-Tradition
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1189587
A christmas tradition that I wanted to share that is very special to me. What's yours?
I just love Christmas time. All the decorated houses and lawns. The spirit of Christmas warms my heart. Having all of your family together during the holiday season is the best. Seeing the joy on relatives faces when they get a gift that they really like. Or perhaps a look of shock when they get a gift that they don't like as well. To sit and tell stories about the christmas' that you remember the most. I just love the warm, fuzzy feeling that winter brings. It makes me think of a cabin in the mountains. Warm fire burning in the hearth, cups of hot chocolate with marshmallows. Snow on the ground with a snowman in the front yard.

Presents are the most fun. I just love playing the what'd you get me game. Every year i ask each of my relatives what they got me for christmas. Each one of them refuse to tell me. I'm hoping one year they will crack and spill the beans.

I believe each family's Christmas tradition tells it's own unique story. One of my family traditions is opening the one present on Christmas Eve. When I was younger, my parents would let us open one present. I'd be so excited to open that present. I was always hoping something really cool was in there. But it was always pajamas.


When I got a little older, I asked my mom, "Why'd you always give us pajamas on Christmas Eve?". She simply replied, "so you wouldn't wake up Christmas Day in your old, worn out pajamas". I didn't really grasp the meaning of tradition until I moved away from my parents. The first Christmas that I missed at my parents was definately different. After the excitement wore off; I realized i had missed a very special tradition and it saddened me. My grandmother tries to keep the tradition going now that I live with her as an adult. But it just isn't the same without my mom.

I just wanted to share a special holiday tradition with you. Have a Happy and Safe Holiday Everyone!
© Copyright 2006 JenniLane (jenniferlane23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1189587-Whats-Your-Christmas-Tradition