*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1190380-Failure-Leads-To-Success
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Sali
Rated: · Other · Other · #1190380
An essay about the advantages of failure
“To conquer without risk is to triumph without glory”, a famous quote that firmly states failure leads to success. Without the thought of failure, all the glory of success is taken away. If one truly wants to succeed, he will try as many attempts as it takes to complete a certain task. Failure leads to success from the time humans are infants until their dying days. Learning how to walk is never mastered on the first attempt. Infants fail at learning to walk numerous times before they can walk across a room. Infants fall and even injure themselves at times learning to walk. The biggest goal to overcome for a young child: failure.

Many of the famous people throughout history failed at their first attempts in careers and businesses. One of the former Presidents of America ran for governor of his home town and did not get elected; he continued his interest in politics and eventually became President. Another historical figure opened a small business and went bankrupt; it took him fourteen years of work to pay off the debt. There are super models who did not receive call backs from numerous modeling agencies before they received a contract.

Freshmen students have to turn in essays that they will not receive a perfect score on because they are learning how to write an essay in high school. Teachers often correct the student’s essay and the student learns ways to improve his writing. The student’s inability to write the perfect essay is considered a failure to certain students. As the student goes through high school, his writing abilities will improve, but it may take several failed attempts to reach the point the student wishes to be at.


Sports’ teams may lose several games before they win one. The team will have to perfect their abilities at practice. The team will learn to work together as a team, communicate, and condition. The team will have to learn to trust one another. There are many drills that can improve the team work needed to win a game. After the team meets its’ goals of winning a game, they will make new goals. The new goals will not automatically be a success to the team: they will have to work towards the goals and will more than likely fail numerous times. Losing the game makes the team members want to win even more then they did before, because once they feel the victory of winning, it is a sensation the team will more than likely want to feel again.


Actors often have to overcome stage freight. Some of the best actors on Broadway were once poor actors because of their stage freight. The actors had to go through the process of overcoming their fear to be professional actors. Other actors could rehearse their lines on stage, but cannot move in order to react in front of the audience. If the actors cannot react, it is very boring to watch them on stage. Many of the best actors’ first performances were not successful, but they loved acting so they overcame their fears to become successful.

The thought of overcoming failure has constantly filled my life. As I look back, I have learned new ways to cope with failure – to make it lead to my success.

When I was younger, I failed to walk on my first try. The results of my first beauty pageant were not as I had hoped – I did not win first place. My first written essay in high school was not as developed as I had hoped. I was learning something new, new techniques. A member of the volleyball team my freshman year, we lost a great deal of games; but we learned how to work together as a team, to overcome our failed attempts. I used to shake on stage as an actor, now I flow freely in the presence of most people. The biggest goal I have overcome in my life is not failure; it is the ability to learn from my failures.


© Copyright 2006 Sali (meredith_07 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1190380-Failure-Leads-To-Success