*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1190499-The-Happy-Fryer
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: XGC · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1190499
Inspired from fast-food and insanity.
The dusty bulb shun it's light upon the evidence of horror that was "The Happy Fryer". The carcasses of slaughter house prey hung against the wall that separated the slaves from the customers and it's pungent smell was the only motivation given for harder, faster work. A beast with an upright stance dominated the realm with it's overwhelming mass, piercing eyes and giant horns. Every so often, without , it would bark out commands like: work harder, do more, stop talking, smile in front of the customers... a very surreal environment indeed. It took years for the beast to strip a man of compassion and sensitivity. Every sloppy dish fixed through panic and fear brought the employees closer to madness. Every changing policy gave the beast a better grip of the blood stained rug under it's workers' feet. No sleep could ever rest their aching muscles and bones. Even going home after work did nothing to relax the slaves for their clothes would reek of that rotting death they endured everyday.

Only by the time one becomes a fryer does one develop the necessary corn around the heart to be part of the elite. Such a time was upon an apprentice the beast had kept an eye on since his arrival. The fryer next to him payed no attention to him, keeping a blank face and ignoring his every remark and question. His left hand had been scalded to the bone as a result of the test the beast chose when it learned of his keenness for the piano. He voluntarily submerged his hand in the vat of boiling oil while the beast laughed from it's fat belly. All a good fryer needs is one good hand and a hook to perform his duties... that goes double for a "happy fryer". The man needed no break and expressed nothing. His prestige was among the highest of his fellow men and yet the least enjoyed. If the man had ever felt love or passion, nobody knew about it. He was the most experienced worker there, next to the beast itself, and so the others gave him the benefit of the doubt that he had seen much worst than they. The apprentice tried to shake the idea from his head for surely he would go through some kind of initiation as well and he judged it best not to think about it.

The only thing that could make him feel worst than his job was to think about it. The other fryer definitely showed example to that. It was probably in the best interest of all the slaves to give as little of their true selves as possible, for the beast would surely take their souls.

A single mother, pushing her child in a carriage, pleaded for help with a heavy foreign accent:
"Please help my baby. It is too cold."

She took her daughter out of the carriage and gave it to the beast. It brought her to the apprentice, from whom he noticed a look of compassion for the child in pain, and ordered him to sit her in the oil. The baby cried continuously, begging him to end her suffering. He looked to the fryer, who didn't even seem to notice the event in progress. The beast began to beat on the apprentice, hitting him mainly in the back. He struggled but eventually dropped the baby into the vat by accident. Smoke rose as the baby floated flat on it's back.

"It said to sit her in it," said the beast, "Pick her up and make her sit!"
Out of sheer panic, he pulled the baby upwards with both hands and sat her. He yelled at the sight of his melted hands and the beast stabbed the slaves so that they too may join-in to the choir of absolute pain. Revelling in the agony of others, it told the apprentice that a fryer must have at least one good hand and so, he could no longer dream of becoming a fryer. All that was left for him is the prep work; no hands needed, only a hook and a cleaver which it shoved into the bone sockets where his wrists used to be.

The fryer, undisturbed, kept at his job until the beast ordered him to let the baby's mother in through the back door which he did. She came in crying at the sight of her tortured baby's bubbling back and collapsed onto the floor; fainted from terror. The fryer chopped her up and hung her on the wall with the rest of the carcasses. The former apprentice prepared the cutlets from her meat and the fryer cooked them for the eager customers of "The Happy Fryer".

To leave it at that wouldn't be reasonable, of course, for the beast still needed a fryer. The next in line had managed to keep his heart remarkably pure; that is, compared to his peers who had all taken at least a little pleasure in their work. His test would consist of corrupting the imagination that had so far kept him blind to the horror. Through suggestive imagery, the beast force-fed him the story of it's birth:
In the dungeon where it's parents had been locked by a lost key, it's mother's limbs stretched to the far reaches of every corner of the ceiling by chains and cuffs. It's father was under her, mouth wide to catch the falling blood from her womb and arms extended towards her corrupt cunt to catch the spawn within. It came out and he caught it; held it to his chest. Then, he to shared the curse and he grew breast and his penis fell off. It grew quickly, raised by damned lesbians and it ate it's way to freedom.

The boy became a man and the beast sewed his ears shut so that it's birth story may repeat itself over and over again as the last thing he would ever hear.

The new "happy fryer" eventually usurped his senior fryer's prestige by eating his head and keeping his eyes in a jar which he gave to the beast as an offering. The beast ordered the prep to make cutlets of the deceased fryer and closed shop for the rest of the day. A ceremony was announced to take place and the slaves were ordered to invite their wives to the "Happy Fryer".

The slaves lined their wives upon the table and spread their legs to have sex with them. The beast chose the one in greatest heat and put his meat in her's. The flesh of her vulva rot as he violently bashed it with his pelvis. Her husband went immediately mad and he attempted to remove the beast from his wife. The last thing he saw was his wife's sex closing-up and sealing itself off. The beast jumped him and sucked his eye-balls out of their sockets. Now he had two sets and began juggling them while the slaves tore the blind man's fingers off to put in their wives; readying them for the beast's seed. After the last one had been fucked, it told the slaves to go home and come back for their wives the next morning.

The slaves came back the next day to find their wives dead on the table they had been put on the previous night. Their bellies were shredded open by the claws of the little beasts who fed off the dried blood under the table. The fryer started-up the boiler and the prep made cutlets ready as the beast announced to the customers that their would soon be four new branches of "The Happy Fryer".
© Copyright 2006 S-J Larvi (thesuncard at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1190499-The-Happy-Fryer