*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1190653-The-Next-Big-Thing
Rated: E · Other · Comedy · #1190653
Around the holidays people are always looking for the next big thing
It's always busy this time of year, the people running in and out of the stores all wanting to get their hands on the newest gadget to make their kids happy. As the mall santa I've seen it for the past couple of years. The little doll that laughed when you tickled him. The trading cards, I've seen it all. This year is a little different, the next big thing is the video game console. Everyone has to have one, but only a certain number are made at a time. So they are hard to come by.

They walk thru mall stopping at every electronics store. The dissapointed looks on their faces always tell the same story. None to be found. I knew with my second job I would not have time to shop this year so I did all my shopping online. Everyone got some thing with no hassles of the lines and pushing and shoving. I even pre-ordered two of the game consoles that everyone is wanting. Shipped straight to my house as soon as they were released.

So I wonder if these people have ever thought about the internet as a way to better enjoy the holidays. No stress no mess. My holidays will be better this year because of the internet. My finances will be a little better too, because I have two auctions done today on ebay.
© Copyright 2006 thedrifter (bigtileman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1190653-The-Next-Big-Thing