*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1190856-No-Need-To-Tell
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest · #1190856
Entry for Flash Fiction Contest Prompt: "Either you tell him or I will."
Harmony sat in her chair; it was unlike Ginny to be late. As she was about to lose her mind, the doorbell rang. Harmony jumped up as she opened the door she wrapped her arms around the girl standing before her.

Ginny, just barely reaching five feet, was much smaller than Harmony with her head touching Harmony's shoulder. “Hey, Harmony,” she said, her face buried in her chest. She looked up at her lover’s smiling face and they kissed. Ginny pulled away and watched Harmony inquisitively. “Well?” She asked.

“No, I can’t do it. It’s not fair to him. I know he’ll be upset. I just can’t tell him. We’ve been together for so long now that it seems like a waste.” She looked over at Ginny whose face had darkened; she was upset but not quite mad. “Ginny, you know I love you.”

Ginny shook her head; her voice now seemed demanding and overpowered her small stature. “No more excuses. I love you Harmony. I want to be with you, but you need to tell Eric that you have no intention of marrying him or any other man!” She tried not to shout but couldn’t help it. “Either you tell him or I will.”

“Ginny…that isn’t fair. You can’t be living my life for me.”

“And you can’t pretend that nothing is wrong.” Ginny said, loud and clear. “You're gay Harmony, and I am your lover, and you need to accept that!”

Eric stood in the doorway, his mouth hung open and he stood there studying the two girls, his heart was in agony, how could he have missed this? His eyes seemed full of pain and confusion. "When...? How...?"
© Copyright 2006 Candy-Ace (candy-ace at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1190856-No-Need-To-Tell