*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1191009-Sorcerous-Magic-Remix
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Novel · Fantasy · #1191009
A lot better than the original!
Sorcerous Magic:
The Magic of the Cigam Legacy

"Doneto, Asphor, Rodrigez!" The tall dark mysterious man chanted. His long cape covered most of his body, he wore a hood that gave a shade of darkness to his face so that no one could see him. He stared at the witch and wizard who sat in front of him, "Pitiful! Such power and yet, such lack of domination." He laughed villanously. "More like, lack of evil" The wizard said as he lifted his head slowly, he had two scratches on his face and one big wound on his forhead, the blood of wich was all over his face. He had short light brown hair and dark hazel eyes, they were filled with loyalty, honnesty and worry for his children. "Do not speak back to me, you are a mear pon in my chess game and i will crush you, even if I, the king, am the last one standing, I shall see to that!" The evil man waved his hand that was covered with a black leather glove and two huge blue ogers came to carry him away, "No, Juliana!" He fought strongly trying to crawl his way toward the girl who stood on her knees, her head to the ground, her long straight red hair hanging from her head. "Domitri..." She whispered, she tried desperately to speak but she was too weak. "Take him away!" The man ordered.

Domitri was carried out of the room roughly, he screamed, yelled and hollored for his wife, he was afraid but mostly he felt like a failure, not being able to keep his own family safe.

"There, there witch. He'll be safe in the dongeon, I'm not going to kill him yet..." The man said as he moved toward the girl. He placed his hand on her head and rubbed it slightly and then he grabbed her by her beautiful hair and lifted her off the ground. "I want him to lose everything he has ever loved, as I once did! Ah, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!" He snickered. The girl looked up to him, she tried to look strong but in her face you could tell she was in pain, she smurcked and then spit in the man's face. He was about to drop her when he decided to hear what she was going to say. "You may have loved Nomed but trust me, you did not lose Illyana because she fell out of love with you, you lost her because she always hated you! She was your prisoner and you were and are, a sick bastard!" With that last word he dropped her to the floor, he raised his hand and slapped her across the face. "Filthy donto.." He said under his breath and again with a flick of his hand, she was taken away. Now if you don't know what a donto is, well it's just a bad name for a witch, just a word that was invented, it's a swear word in the world of Cigam. As Juliana was carried away she began smiling, yes she was sore, hurt and angry but she was happy that what she said had gotten to her enemy, she left in satisfaction.

* * *

Tegan, Tanya and Tara Pleadwell all sat on the rough ground of the Shadow Forest. Alone, they sat in small , white and black blankets. The three young witches shared the blankets and huvered under them. They tried to stay hidden from the battle that lay not far from them.

Tanya, the eldest of the three at the age of 8, sat trying to calm her two younger sisters, she could hear the screaming coming from her once safe village, the images of her family haunted her. Her mother and father had not yet been found, no one was near to them anymore, they were alone. As Tanya held her sisters closely she heard a bristling coming from one of the bushes, "Who goes there?" she said in a independant voice trying to sound secure. The bristling continued as she grew nearer to the bush, "Show yourself!" She cried. Suddenly a small gremlin like creature appeared, the three young girls screamed in terror at the small thing in front of them. It was about 2 inches tall, it had a white furry tail and long ears that resembled a lynx ears.

"Oh, the Pleadwell sisters...forgive me for having scared you, I two was hiding from Nomed's followers." He said in a small, wise sounding, voice. "Alright, so that's a little lie, I was not hiding..." Tanya, Tegan and Tara stared at the creature in confusion, Tanya knew she had seen one of these creatures before in one of the many books her mother use to let her read, they gave descriptions of the different beings that lived in the land of Cigam. It was not an Elf and it was certainly not a threat, suddenly it came to her, he was a Stogan. Stogan's are creatures who are much like elves but they, unlike most elves, have will power. They do have masters of course it's true but they do not live with them, they are sent on missions for the magicien's who are lucky enough to have one of these rare and intelligent creatures. They each had their own sort of power, Tanya found it intreguing that she was even lucky enough to see a Stogan, she wanted to know what his power was.

"Who are you?" She asked. "Oh, yes, forgive me. I am Lenox, your new humble servant, sent here by Legna Reficul himself. It is my duty to serve and protect the Pleadwell sisters with my life." He said, putting his small, squirrel like hand, to his chest standing proudly. "What? Why us?" Tegan asked, she was the middle child at the age of 6. "There is no time yet for explanation, we must move quickly, Nomed's forces grow stronger with each second, we need to get to Dornello before sunrise." Lenox explained. "Wait, our parents!" Tanya exclaimed, she knew she could not just leave them there, she might not know where they were but she knew they were alive and that she had to find them. "My dear child, there is not yet time. Your parents are safe for now as long as they stay hidden." "Hidden? No, they are missing." Tegan protested. "You have much to learn, now come." Lenox said as he held out his hand, on his palm laid a small crystal. "Touch it," he whispered. Tegan and Tanya both put their index finger on the tip of the crystal, Tegan held Tara in her arms tightly. Tara was only 4 years old, most of this she would not remember, the war, the horror and the magic but for Tanya, it would haunt her. "Hold on." Lenox said as he smiled. A small blue light began glowing, it came from the middle of the crystal, suddenly a light shot out and just as soon as it was there, it was gone, as were the Pleadwell sisters and Lenox.

* * *

The sun was shining brightly through Tanya's eyelids, she couldn't take it anymore, so she opened her eyes. The bed she lay in was a ratty old cot, it had scratchy blue blankets and the pillows were way too mushy. The room was silent and still, it looked to be old and very small. The walls were brown and their were pictures of Lenox and other Stogan's like him everywhere, Tanya guessed it was his family and friends. She sat up and yawned, she looked at what she was wearing and it was definately not what she had on last night, a long white nightgown now covered her small body and beside the bed, on the carpet, lay two baby blue slippers. She shifted her body and slipped her feet into the comfy warm slippers. She headed for the door, worried about where her sisters ly, as she opened the door she heard a small, wise voice.

"They are safe Tanya, do not fret." Tanya turned around and there sitting on the bed where she had just left was Lenox the Stogan, "They are in the room next to you, still asleep of course. Traveling through a crystal can leave you pretty drained." He giggled. Tanya started to get annoyed by this small creature, yet still she found it cute. "Where are we?" she asked. "Well, right now..we are in Dornello, in my house of course --" "Excuse me? Your house?" Lenox rolled his eyes in embarassement and next to him appeared an older, female Stogan. She wore a red robe and her long white frizzy hair was, well, everywhere. "I believe this is my house.." she stated. "Yes, right..Tanya, this is my mother, Lizzon and this is her house..." Tanya began to smile as she stepped closer to the bed. "Right then, now that that's all cleared up, how about some breakfast?" Lizzon asked, her kind smile warmed Tanya's heart, she felt almost at ease when suddenly a horrific scream came from the room next to her. Tanya quickly turned around, her long curly red hair whipped behind her as she ran toward the room. She opened the door as fast as she could, when she entered it, Lenox and his mother, Lizzon were already there, sitting on a small table in the corner.

"what's wrong? what happened?" Tanya asked frightingly. "I woke up...I didn't know where I was. Lenox told me just now that we are at his mom's place, where is Tara?" Tegan asked. "I thought she was with you..." Tanya said as she glanced at Lenox, he looked at his mother searching an answer but she too had none. "Tara? Tara?" Tanya yelled. She heard a slight noise coming from down the hallway, Tegan leaped out of bed wearing a red nightgown, her and Tanya ran down the hallway and into the kitchen, there she found Tara sitting on the floor playing with a miniture pet gremlin. "Buggle!" Lenox said. "I thought I told you to stay in our part of the house..." He said as he swooped the little thing up, gremlin's are usually the same size as Stogan's but this one was quite small. Tanya sighed in relief as she picked up her little sister off of the floor. "Are you alright Tara?" She asked, "Ah, ha. I play with the gremlin." Tara said in her cute little baby voice, "Don't run off like that, you scared me half to death." Tanya said.

Lenox walked toward the small creature in disapointement, he picked it up in his tiny hand and shook his head slightly. As he walked away Tanya yelled out "It wasn't his fault I'm sure...Don't be too hard on him." She felt bad for the small thing, Lenox looked as if he was going to beat it for misbehaving. "I'm not going to hurt him, he's just going to have to stay outside for a little while."
© Copyright 2006 -Focused Writer- (halloweenchik at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1191009-Sorcerous-Magic-Remix