*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1191240-That-Moment
by voice
Rated: E · Sample · Romance/Love · #1191240
The begginning of love, and it's awesome attraction.
                                                That Moment
      "May you stay young forever," was the song that she sang.  The audience before her, adoring her, enchanted by every note.  The pianist played along softly, he was the muse controlling her sultry voice.
     
      She sang a charming piece, piercing the dullness of life; I had to meet her.
As the last note rang and the final key was struck, the audience gave a standing ovation.  And just like the birth of twins, the encore arrived quickly.
     
        As she swam in all of her glory, I was grieved in my spirit.  I wanted her.  I wondered; how else could such talent be used? 
 
      By the end of the night I saw her swarmed by hundreds of fans, bumping shoulders, looking over each others heads, raising their arms, taking photos of the young star.  I would be smarter though.  I circled the crowd and noticed a stand with a vase of red roses on top. 

      Slowly, I plucked a single rose, from the dozen, like a cello string, and waited nearby.  It was like destiny, the timing, she finished with her autograph signing, and coupled photographs, and the crowd calmly dispersed, still conversing amongst themselves of the beautiful evening.  She and I were the only ones left in the corridor, which draped with fine art, wine, and lingering Cuban cigar smoke.

      She looks upon me with a seriousness that wasn't there before and I mocked the same look in return.  Intense.  Intoxicating.  True.  Within, she felt exactly as I did.  In love.  Our hearts pounded with desire.  Deep enough to blacken them blind, unable to perceive anything else around us.  The track of time had been lost.

      We were led by the music within, guiding us closer to each other.  Without hesitation, we held and kissed, glorifying our eternal wish, in that moment...
© Copyright 2006 voice (barrow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1191240-That-Moment