*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1191497-Holloween-once-again
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1191497
Striped of thier powers for a night. But what is unseen is as dangerous as the game.

Holloween Once Again.....


IT WAS HOLLOWEEN ONCE AGAIN.  ESABEL AND JODY THE MOST DANGEROUS OF RIVALS JOINED FORCES ON THIS ONE NIGHT TO PLAY THE GAME THEY LOVED BEST. ESABEL WAS A SENSUAL SIREN AND JODY AN EXOTIC WITCH. TWO UNLIKELY ALIES, EACH WITH TALENTS TO EVEN OUT A ROCKY PLAYING FIELD. BUT ON THIS ONE NIGHT THEIR POWERS WOULD BE OF NO USE. THEY WERE TO LOOK, SOUND AND ACT LIKE THE SIMPLE MORTALS. The game was to attract a male, but not any male, one not so easily swayed to the charms of a pretty female.

For the past weeks leading up to Halloween they each surveyed and collected data on the potential males of the town. The pickings were few but they each found a male they believed the other could never tempt. The rules were simple. No use of powers to entice or lure your pre, no enhancing or altering of features, no dabbing into each other’s powers and no interference to the other. Tonight they became mortal with all mortal weaknesses and strengths. Twelve hours was the set time, at the end of the game the prize was undeniable pleasure, to their pre came a deadly consequence.

Near an ancient church bright lights stretched for miles, colors and shapes blanketed what was once a cloudy sky. A burst of orange, then yellow and finally a speck of white came through. In a mist of smoke stood a figure, tall and slender. His skin was a glaze of caramel, droplets of sweat trickled down his ridges while a mist appeared and rose from his body. A layer of shine and a glow of radiance covered every inch of him. His man hood hung bold and strong between a pair of firm, secure and masculine legs. He was here at last and now his exploration of this planet could begin.

‘Remember Jody, no cheating this time,’ said Esabel.

‘I promise no cheating,’ Jody responded.

‘You promised last time and we had to erase the poor guys memory.’ ‘Your lack of control is going to get us both burnt at the stake.’

‘I said I was sorry and I promise to control myself this time.’ Jody spoke calmly despite the frustration towards Esable for treating her like a child.

“You’re always sorry after you have gotten us into a mess and I end up getting us out.’ Esabel spoke harshly this time.

‘If you mess up this time don’t expect me to rescue you again.’ ‘You make your mess you clean it up.’Esabel spoke with authority. She knew with certainty that despite the fact their powers were of equal footing she was the wisest and logic one of the two. She thought and analyzed, strategize and planned before moving forward where as Jody jumped in head first and usually let the chips fall where they may.The chips unfortunatly ended up on her shoulders. She often wondered why she cared and put up with Jody all the time, then her memory flashes back to that day when they first meet each other.

Despite her youth at the time she was wiser than most witches her age. She remembered the commotion and the sight at the towns end. They lived in a small isolated town miles from anything modern. In those times witches roamed freely by blending in with the town folk. She was on her afternoon mischief when she heard the commotion. A siren had been caught, which was not an easy task to do. They lead sailors to their death and the few who survived would be made their lover for all eternity. On this day the siren in question was Jody’s mother. She had fallen victim to a trap laid by an old sailor whose son had meet his death by sirens years before. Esable remembered the young man clearly and how the father had sworn revenge. She was fading quickly once brought to shore and her beautiful sounds were now shrivels and squeaks.
In all the noise the town folk had neglected the low cry of an infant siren that had followed it’s mother all the way to where she was dying. Esabel being a witch heard the infant cries loud and clear. Her young heart felt for the baby siren in distress. She summed up a quick spell turning the baby briefly mortal-like allowing her to handle the infant. It was known that touching a siren, baby or not, meant certain death for anyone or anything, even a witch.

‘My first mistake,’ she thought. ‘Should have just left the kid where she was.’

But instead she took the infant to her grandmother who was raising her as a niece after the burning of her parents to stacks. Her grandmother was fearful that the infant would be discovered, intern, endangering them as well. But like Esabel her grandmother felt instant compassion for the helpless infant and drew up a brew putting the infant in mortal skin and teaching her the ways of survival. Her siren abilities were taught to Esabel and Esabel witchly ways were taught to Jody thus making them both greatly powerful and equally roofless.

That roofless ness was exhibited when Jody was old enough to seek revenge on the town folk who had killed her mother. The turn of events was the result of Jody, Esabel and her grandmother having to leave the isolated town forever. 
The two developed much quicker than mortals and it was in their adolescent years that they had developed their favorite pass time games. Jody created the havoc and Esabel got them out of it. 

Esabel looked over at Jody who was like a sister to her. She saw the infant helpless and alone and immediately forgave and forgot everything she had said.

“Come on you little hell raiser,’ said Esabel. She watched as Jody giggle hysterically in the way she does which always made her smile.

‘I have a competition to win,’ she said watching Jody’s reaction through the corners of her eyes.
‘You………….. You have to win,’ Jody spoke while she quickened her pace to meet up with Esabel who was walking even faster.
‘Pretty sure of yourself there huh sis.’

Esabel loved it when Jody called her sis. They had reached their location. Ironically Jody had chosen the grounds near the towns ancient church. Dangerous grounds for them both.

‘Why oh why of all places you chose this one.’

Jody was laughing hysterically again.

‘This is funny to you, we could both…….. I’m not even going to think about it.’

Esabel turned to look in the direct of Jody. Who was already chanting the words to temporarily strip her of her powers.

‘So it begins,’ said Jody.

‘So it does.’ Esabel said as she walked off and began chanting her own words.

Five then ten minutes and they were done. They both headed off in the opposite directs. Their night of fun was about to begin. Both unaware that new eyes had witnessed every movement heard every chant and had registered all to memory.

‘Strange these two,’ he said. ‘Not like any other I have seen thus far. So young yet both radiate great power. Where does this power come from?

He moved along the walkways skillfully. His unearthly qualities allowed him to move in and out without being detected. He learnt and absorbed every emotion, every thought. He especially liked the emotion that created the bulge in his pants that was never there before.

‘Interesting, he thought.


To be continued….
© Copyright 2006 snakeeyes (snakeeyes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1191497-Holloween-once-again