*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1191705-Hearts-for-Horses-unfinished
by layne
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #1191705
Tell me what you think so far. It isnt finished yet
          Kate watched Cubby canter around the ring perfectly and smiled. Cubby was the best horse in the world. She had owned him since he was a colt and was sleeping out in the barn when he was born. Her dad was going to sell him but changed his mind. He was a 15 hand palomino and was her, Kate’s, horse. He was a exellent jumper and was perfect in all the shows she entered him in. She asked him to trot on the lounge line and he did so responding immediately. 


          She walked up to him and gave him a pat on the neck and he snorted loudly as if saying, “I know I was good.”

         
          Kate laughed and led him back up to his stall and took off his halter.

         
          “Bye Cubby!” she said as she turned her head and ran out of the barn.


          She ran quickly back to their house through the cold, winter weather. When she stepped into the heated home she slipped off her boots and walked up to her mom who was in the kitchen making a cup of tea.
     

          “Good morning Kate! Oh, there is a show Saturday if you’d like to go.” Her mom asked.
     

          “I’d love too.” Kate answered. 
       

          “Make sure you know where all your show stuff is. The show is three days away!” her mom reminded her.
         
© Copyright 2006 layne (ponybrat4566 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1191705-Hearts-for-Horses-unfinished