*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1192966-Bob-Marley--The-Warrior-of-Light
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Music · #1192966
This is a biography of Bob Marley, witten on the eve of his would-have been 61th Birthday
Robert Nesta Marley needs no introduction . A true visionary and revolutionary artist , he used music as a medium  to reach to the masses.  Marley’s music was of the masses , made with simple instruments like drums  and the good ol’ voice box.

Considering the time when Marley was around (1940’S), music was indeed the only way to go, and such a revolution and uprising he stirred ,that the Rastafarian Prophet still lives on in spirit in the  hearts of many a  people .

Take for example the diverse yet war – ridden country of the sub-continent  : India. After the abolition pf slavery , thousands of East-Indian labourers were imported  to Jamaica .The dreadlocked ganja smoking sadhu  is a common sight in north India .Even today in the concrete jungles of Bombay - a metropolitan city in India, the true legend that Bob Marley was , still lives on. Most tattoo parlours sell the Rastafarian look .

Current styles apart, only a few understand the true meaning of the Rastafarian way of life. Soul searching and emancipation from mental slavery, as Marley sang out in his tunes, has become a part and parcel of a large number of peoples lives.

Contemporary reggae draws its influence from Rastafarian drumming rituals , chanting and  mysticism . Marley ,the founder of reggae-town ,was also the voice of struggle, oppression and built a unique brand of spirituality. Like a true messiah , he sang about god.(Jah). Marley, like all true Rastafarians preached a peaceful world order  where everyone is equal .Bob Marley worked tirelessly in spreading reggae music and the message of Rastafari  worldwide.Through his work he gave the world beautiful and profound music.

Isn't this an irony then,considering  the large scale  planned massacres and the torment of war –struck nations these days. Maybe the true evangelist that he was ,Marley must have known that we needed this sort of music in the world today!

Bob Marley would turn 61  tommorow , the 6th of February ,if he were still alive today. Through his  music he uplifted the souls of many  and his is truly the king of reggae, for the revolution still lives on.

“If you listen carefully now you will hear , theres a natural mystic blowing through the air.”
   
     
   
© Copyright 2006 naturalmystic (naturalmystic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1192966-Bob-Marley--The-Warrior-of-Light