*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1193125-Cuttin-Deals
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Music · #1193125
Dusty roads, devil, fortune and fate
Going to the crossroads, wanna talk to the man,trying to cut a deal trying to set my plans, I heard he hands out them futures, their lined with gold, all it will cost you is the warmth of your soul.

(I'm goin' down to the crossroads and I'm talkin' to the man, I'm cuttin' deals and I'm settin' plans, got my future it's lined with gold, all I've lost is the warmth of my soul.)

I went down to the crossroads and I talked with that man, I cut my deals and I set my plans, in blood I have signed, my wealth is defined, my ruffened road has now been paved, stars are a shinin', man their burnin' bright, got my name up in marquis lights, women at my beckoned call, my fortunes untold, all I am missin' is the warmth of my soul.

(I'm going down to the crossroads and I'm talkin' with the man, I'm cuttin' deals and I'm settin' plans got my future it's lined with gold, all it cost me was the warmth of my soul.)

Now I'm standin' at the crossroad and I am waiting for the man, 'cause my contract is up and my time is at hand, all that remains of my fortune and fame, is a cold lonely man, who was never the same, so if your going to the crossroads hear what I say, the warmth of your soul is a high price to pay.

(But I know he hands out them futures, their lined with gold, all it will cost you is the warmth of your soul.)
© Copyright 2006 Brian Benton (bcassyb at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1193125-Cuttin-Deals