*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1194322-WhoWhat-am-I
Rated: E · Poetry · Experience · #1194322
Contact me and let me know if you want to know what what/who is the subject of the poem.
I missed you this morning. There was no sunrise. I waited to feel your touch and read your thoughts, but you did not come. So I just sat...

Yesterday, you were so heavily burdened that you did not notice me. I beared your weight happily anyway.

I owe you so much. You rescued me from destruction. You gave me a home. You cleaned me up, gave me sparkle and repair. In return I comfort you. But lately, I can't reach you. Lately, you haven't rubbed my arms nor looked at me with a gleam. Your thoughts depress me and your prayers make me want to cry.

My feelings for you are like the weather today: gray and raining. Although I am dry, I am wet with sorrow. I have seen a lot in my lifetime and I know that this too will pass soon and the laughter and sunshine will return. But as days go by and time marches on, the world and the people in it become more and more lost, hurt, confused and troubled. I remember earlier in my life, the weather was the most important factor of life. It depended on the amount and time a family could produce.

I have lived a long life and thanks to you, I am still surviving. You have a way of looking at something and with your touch, you give it a soul. I cannot talk or walk, however, I am part of your family and I await to hear laughter in your voice again. But for now, the laughter has been replaced with prayers and sorrow.

How can I help you? The prayers confuse me. They are about spiritual things concerning the innermost part of the human being: the soul. Back in the day, prayers were simple and about things you could see: sun, rain, wind, baby, father, crop, mother, etc..... Now....prayers are about decisions that control the outcome of life now. Decisions, hopes, dreams, fears and most of all evil. Evil....what is it? I can't quite understand it. As I rock, the world and time is spinning out of control.

How can I express to you that God has always prevailed. I have seen it. I have lived through it. I know it. However, how can I convey that to you. Oh well for now, I will just hold you and await for your touch. I long each day for the feel of your hands as they gently rub down my arms. I especially miss when you leave, you slowly turn around and give me one last look as to say, "Thank you."

What/who am I?
© Copyright 2006 jenrose (jennk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1194322-WhoWhat-am-I