*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1195142-A-girls-love-for-Billy
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1195142
Here's your tale- the story of a girl.
Once upon a time, there was a girl, who tried to start a new life in a far away land,. Because of this she always was a little bit odd, and a little bit lost.
She was never very beautiful or ever very clever.
She couldn't tell a joke to save her life....

She had wild hair and big blue eyes and a mouth she was waiting to grow into like they'd always told her she would.
She wasn't very big, and never would be tall but what she did have was a heart....
that was of abnormal size and appeal.

The big heart never did her any good. It often got in the way and was so easily damaged, brusied and exposed.
It made her a whole lot sillier than she ought to have been.
Because of her abnormally sized organ she would take in strays, and people's problems and broken things and a of world sadness...
trying desperatly to mould things back together, to knit happiness back in.
To her always desperate dissapointment and with frustration and dismay she'd eventually walk away.

Then one day, in a county not too far away she met a boy, and for a little while they flew together on fate's wings, and the girls heart grew and grew and grew. But the boy was independent and happy and exciting and capabale, and as the girl prodded and sniffed and searched for a flaw her heart just grew and grew and grew.
She was in serious danger that it might become so big it would burst, or that it would grow out of her chest and suffocate the boy...
So the not so clever not so beautiful girl cut her chest in two, and although she squeezed and squashed and stomped and squished she failed to make her heart any smaller, she couldn't pop it or break it or calm it. It just grew and grew and grew.

And then one dark and silent night there was a screaming of a rocket, and a bang rang out, because as the girl leaned into her pillow in a quiet slumbering snuggle, her heart soared and split in two leaving a confetti trail behind.
And what's left to say.... but what it was, the girl was lonely and in love,
And she was was never meant for this world....but for the whole world.
© Copyright 2006 JustCat (justcat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1195142-A-girls-love-for-Billy