*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1196894-Just-Imagine
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jan
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1196894
Just Imagine!
Just imagine, just dream it up for heaven’s sake… I beg you, please…
Just imagine a brilliantly shining hall, with the floor as smooth and glittering as only February ice can be.
Just imagine the ceiling of this magnificent hall opening straight up to heavens – all mesmerized and hypnotic with numinous lily-white snowflakes waltzing down to the ground.
Just imagine them falling slowly on your hair – making it look as though it got covered in little pearly shreds.
Just imagine the unspeakably beautiful music flow from all around - the music the very sound of which could be perceived with your heart only, with your soul only. The very music you know all by heart – its every single note, every single tone tint – and yet you just can’t get enough of it, for it’s the melody you were born together with, its your music, your song.
Just imagine – it slowly penetrates you – subduing, soothing your restless mind, echoing in your frozen heart.
You dissolve, you obey – you feel it, you become it…you live it.
Just imagine – now you can even taste it - and it is delicious, it melts in your mouth – the way the ice melts under the generous spring sunbeams.
And you dance – the music tells you how, you feel your way through the storm of the harmonic tunes like a knowledgeable surfer gliding along HIS wave, like a crisp white seagull that caught ITS squall of the salty breeze.
You spin almost without touching the floor, the music lifts you up from the cursed ground. It makes you see the genuine beauty of your very existence.
And then…
Just imagine you lift up your jubilant gaze up to the snowing clouds and there as if through an airy cloth you see the glistering stars and constellations – you look deep into the universe. You – a tiny speck, a minute creature – you become the center of this infinite substance – of this unknown cold world of dust and heat.
But your thoughts are far beyond; you don’t care for the useless universe. Ha! What is it to you when this miraculous evening is all yours? What the difference it makes -owing the universe - when you have this magical hour of heavenly bliss.
An hour to set loose your precious imagination, your wildest dreams and secret desires.
And it doesn’t matter that they may never come true, that you are still living this life of deceit and hatred, of pain and ignorance. It is simply becomes so wonderfully unimportant and absurd.
Because you know…
Just for this tiny moment you’re infinitely free to do whatever your heart whispers to you. You’re infinitely free to follow the orders of your soul and forget for a while that they are somewhat crazy and may be even unreasonable, completely lacking any sort of logic.
Just imagine that you don’t care…
You don’t care, even though you know that the merciless morning will come and the fairytale will evaporate like a drop of scarce rain in the Sahara desert. And the life from behind your smeared window won’t look as pretty as it did yesterday; and the ugly whitewashed ceiling will be hovering above you – so routine and boring. But I beg you humbly to remember the way the magic works. So set yourself free and…
Just imagine.
© Copyright 2007 Jan (alleksa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1196894-Just-Imagine