*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1198004-A-Typical-Day-of-a-Science-Student
Rated: E · Other · Comedy · #1198004
Ever wondered how the science students survive? Read and find out!
Authors Note:  The following is a narration of a typical day of a Science student from the narrator’s perspective. If you do not agree to it in any form, the narrator wishes to inform you that since everybody is entitled to their own opinion you can certainly feel free to criticise the account as long as it agrees with the account.

PHYSICS: You look at the board and see E=mc2 written on one side, derivation of an important formula on the other, a very confusing problem at the top and at the bottom, some examples on how Physics is used in real life.  After making sure, the teacher’s attention isn’t on you, you check the class.  Some appears to be very concentrated and intent on what the teacher is saying but the glaze in their eyes tell an entirely different story.  Others are fiddling with their hair and fingers and still others are subtly checking their watches and counting the time until the bell rings. 

ENGLISH: You look into your text book and find the meaning of some of the lines of the poem covers the bottom half and the meanings of some difficult words which you didn’t know even existed to the top. As the teacher elaborates why Shakespeare thought we were all players and the world a stage, you glance around the class.  Some are indulging their creative juices and drawing pictures in their text book, some look horrified at the very thought of learning the contents of the text book and most of your classmates looks like they have been hit by a monster truck and are dazed and disoriented.  The bell rings and everyone still doesn’t understand what message Shakespeare was trying to convey.

MATHS:  You look up at the board; teacher is already started writing the next set of problems.  Your class? The braincases have immediately conquered two of the problems and are proceeding to the next one, the rest majority are chatting about the episode of the serial they saw and still others manage to do their problems and discuss the direction in which the afore-mentioned serial is heading in.  Bell rings. Who notices?  We’re still too busy pondering about the stupidity of the producer of the serial and doing some maths, of course.

PHYSICAL EDUCATION: Fifteen minutes are taken to get out of the class, ten minutes to loiter  down to the grounds, five minutes are taken to perform our warm ups.  Next and last ten minutes?  We play the game of basket ball and turn the most peaceful game into one of the most brutal and violent sports in the history of mankind.  Bell rings.  All of us go back to class shuffling and groaning.  Your body aches in places you didn’t know existed and you can feel a lump forming on your head and your jaw becoming back and blue, from all the difficult manoeuvring you performed during basket ball.


RECESS: Continue the left over discussion from Maths period and eat your Tiffin and the others Tiffin at the same time.  After all, you do require a healthy diets and variety of food to provide essential nutrients. Bell rings.  You wonder has anyone got anything to eat? You’re famished!

COMPUTER / BIOLOGY:  Since both the teachers are busy, both Bio and computer students are in the same class. You open your note book, take your pen to commence your work and immediately remembers this ‘HILARIOUS’ joke which you heard yesterday! Conflict of emotions: Should you say the joke or continue with your work? You call your friends and relate the joke.  The meanings of responsibility and maturity as thought by a seventeen year old are quite different from the teacher’s and of adults.  Bell rings.  Oh man! Why id it have to end?

CHEMISTRY: Notably, a difficult subject for majority, you try your level best to listen to your teacher. You see your partner’s eyes wandering aimlessly around the class, one of your good friends catching up on the sleep she lost that when you whisper her name, she jumps a little but stop in time and after giving you a glare promising divine retribution continues her sleep. You see faces of the rest of your class mates going from relaxed to sleepy to hypnotised and a familiar glazed look enter  their eyes.  Teacher asks a question.  The class stares back.  She gives up, tells the answers and continues teaching. You see the letters on the board swaying and rearranging into a lullaby  singing,  ‘ Go to sleep. Your exams are after all days away…………’  Bell rings. Jerked out of their reverie, the class slowly gets up to pack and go home. You jerk awake after you get a poke in your ribs from your partner and you think :  What? Is it over already? 
© Copyright 2007 Deepthy (deepthy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1198004-A-Typical-Day-of-a-Science-Student