*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1198654-The-One
Rated: · Poetry · Personal · #1198654
This peom is about asking the questions that you think about while your in a relationship.
The night in shining armor should not be the guy that rides in on the white horse and saves you. Because let's face it anyone can save you minus the white horse, but that doesn't make everyone your night and shining armor. Your night and shining armor is the one that laughs at all your stupid jokes and doesn't mind that you hog all the covers at night. Your night in shining armor is the one that goes to all the family holidays even though your family hates him and he never has any fun when he goes. Your night in shining armor is "The One" as legend calls it. And "The One" is the person that sees you for the idiot you are and still loves you. So now to anyone who will attempt to be my "One and Only" I have a few things to say and a few questions to ask.
Sometimes it's easier to be mad at the people that you love the most because you know that they'll love you no matter how long or loud you yell. That they'll love you no matter what. So what if I refused to listen? What if I refused to believe that this is what's meant to happen to me? Would you kick? Would you yell? Would you fight back or just cop out? Would you try to make me believe in what I can't see or would you just believe in me? If I fought back against the bonds that hold me would you still love me? If I gave in to wounded pride would you rise to my side or would you just cower and hide? If I shouted that I hated you would your love still remain true?

~*~*~Ava~*~*~
© Copyright 2007 Ava Reynolds (lost_in_depths at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1198654-The-One