*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1199145-John-4-1-30
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1199145
This reflection is about the Samaritan Woman found in the Gospel of John

It was noon, the people around the well were finally off the street, it was safe now to go to the well for water.
She was probably very thirsty, but the threat of the towns-people was greater than her thirst.
Getting her largest water jar, she headed for the well, she probably was in a hurry because of the heat, and the need for water.
As she approached the well, her heart sank, There was a man already sitting at the well. Just her luck she thought, she was in no mood today for any confrontations.
She tried her best to ignore him and to get back home, she noticed that he was a Jew, and not from Samaria, great even worse than she thought.
She sat her large water jug down and started to fill it when the oddest thing happened.
HE - a Man, - A JEWISH MAN, asked HER, a Samaritan, A Woman, A Nobody, A Sinner, A Freak who couldn't keep a husband, laughed at and scorned by the whole town, even her own family disowned her.
HE ASKED HER FOR A DRINK!
Who did He think He was?
She felt like laughing and walking away from him, then she saw something. His EYES, so kind, and gentle, she had NEVER been looked at like that by a man or anybody else for that matter before, with such tenderness and caring. Could it even be love?
For her?
He said a few strange things to her, no longer concerning drinking well water but finding a spring of Living Water!
OH! If she could get that living water, she would never have to come to the well again for the stinking well water. No one would ever harass or hurt her again, How wonderful that would be!
She asked this Man, this Jewish man for some of this Living Water.
He told her to go and get her husband and to return to him.
What a blow.
She told Him that she had no husband.
How did He know that indeed she had no husband but had 5 husbands and the man she was with now was not her husband? Who could have told him this?
Her face grew hot, then she realized that no one else was around.
Her heart told her that this man must be a Prophet! He might have told her many other things as well. Because her heart started to ache, to burn within her with a fire she never felt before today.
She also noticed that her thirst, her dry aching thirst was gone. She noticed too that instead of the pain she usually felt was replaced by a radiant JOY!
She was so excited, that she left her large jar on the ground and ran without thinking to the very people that she tried so hard to avoid everyday.
She knocked on doors, and yelled in the street. She told them all to:
COME AND SEE THE MAN! THE JEW, COULD HE POSSIBLY BE THE MESSIAH?
He told me ALL I ever done. And he shared Living Water with me!
ME - the Nobody
ME - The Freak
ME - The Sinner

ME - The Beloved!
© Copyright 2007 Silver Lion (michele at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1199145-John-4-1-30