*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1199759-Letter
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Family · #1199759
Notes to me
A letter to myself.....

Where do I begin. I thought I had it all planned out. My life, my family my world. A simple moment changed it all. One day it was up to me to dig my way out of the worst pain I had ever felt. Divorce, from my hero. The man I thought would love me for all time, who would never let us down. He had walked away from me, in a moment when my back was turned. He was living his own life, and didn't know how to leave.

I won't ever forget how it felt to know, he had someone else. I was devastated, lost in pain I knew would never end. "He loved me, but wasn't in love with me" After 13 years of marriage. How do you wrap your mind around what you knew you had, and in a flash didn't?

You did it Lori, 6 years later, here your are. Your own your home and have a new and challenging job you love! The pain was immense, the days were long in healing. You did it though you came through, each day was one better. Your kids are strong and proud. Not hurt and pulled apart. They love you! You have a decent relationship with their Dad. It was not easy as you realize still to this day. Your heart belongs to him. Will there ever be anyone else, that you can meet? Will lightning ever strike twice? Maybe so......

You have to be brave and believe. The struggles are worth it. The challenges teach you something new every day! The time gives you thought, and memories to make. That's all anyone can ask, that you do your best each and every day.

Hurray for you!
You did it!
You made it!
© Copyright 2007 LoriAnn39 (loriannhewitt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1199759-Letter